Windows 10: Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

Discus and support Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to install windows 11 on an unsupported device through iso file, and the installation got stuck at 69%, so I cancelled the installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pratik1235, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

I was trying to install windows 11 on an unsupported device through iso file, and the installation got stuck at 69%, so I cancelled the installation but it stayed stuck on the cancelling screen, so after lots of waiting I decided to shut down the laptop and start it again, and it started without a problem but the keyboard isn't properly working, only fn keys are working, and the touchpad is working but I'm not able to use gestures like 2 finger scrolling and zooming, etc, please help also i tried using an external keyboard, it was working perfectly so yeah please help me, Thank you.

:)

Pratik1235, Jun 18, 2022
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Jun 18, 2022
  3. KAYINFL Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad don't work

I am using a Lenovo B590.

No recent changes -- I had it running next to my desktop downloading some genealogy data and when I tried to Alt-Tab to another screen I discovered the keyboard was no longer responsive.

I have been able to attach an external keyboard so I can now use the computer, but the laptop's keyboard is still dead. The Touchpad is intermittently responsive. The Touchpad keys (left and right) work, but the pad itself is intermittent.

KAYINFL, Jun 18, 2022
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

1. Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard touchpad

2. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  3. Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue: I was trying to install windows 11 on an unsupported device through iso file, and the installation got stuck at 69%, so I cancelled the installation but it stayed stuck on the cancelling screen, so after lots of waiting I decided to shut down the laptop and start it again,...
  4. Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue: I was trying to install windows 11 on an unsupported device through iso file, and the installation got stuck at 69%, so I cancelled the installation but it stayed stuck on the cancelling screen, so after lots of waiting I decided to shut down the laptop and start it again,...
  5. Touchpad and keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and keyboard issues: Hi Microsoft team, Previously I was using windows 11 in an unsupported laptop due to the touch and keyboard issues I have reverted back to windows 10 but still I am facing issue like touchpad is getting disabled suddenly while using it and whenever any search bar opened my...
  6. Touchpad and keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad and keyboard issues: Hi Microsoft team, Previously I was using windows 11 in an unsupported laptop due to the touch and keyboard issues I have reverted back to windows 10 but still I am facing issue like touchpad is getting disabled suddenly while using it and whenever any search bar opened my...
  7. Touchpad and keyboard issues

8. REGARDING LAPTOP TOUCHPAD=KEYBOARD

REGARDING LAPTOP TOUCHPAD=KEYBOARD: HELLO, AS I UPDATED MY WIN10[1803] MY TOUCHPAD+KEYBOARD STOPPED FUNTIONING, EVEN AFTER UPDATING THE DRIVERS MANUALLY AND AUTOMATICALLY FROM THE INTERNET PROBLEM REMAINS THE SAME. CAN GENEIUS MICROSOFT HELP ME....
  9. laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working: Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes. Solutions tried: rebooted removed and replaced main battery attached USB keyboard hit...
  10. Touchpad issues on laptops?

Touchpad issues on laptops?: My personal Thinkpad W510 at home randomly has the touchpad seem unresponsive. Ive also noticed this on a bunch of other 10 upgrade units. Today i noticed on a E6420, all works well but when the mouse stops being responsive (it has the proper dell multitouch driver) all I...