Windows 10: Laptop Keyboard and touchpad keeps turning off on its own

Discus and support Laptop Keyboard and touchpad keeps turning off on its own in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometimes I turn on my laptop and the keyboard and touchpad don't work and an on screen keyboard shows up instead. Pressing F6, which usually turns the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MakiHayakawa1, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Laptop Keyboard and touchpad keeps turning off on its own

Sometimes I turn on my laptop and the keyboard and touchpad don't work and an on screen keyboard shows up instead. Pressing F6, which usually turns the keyboard and touchpad on/off, doesn't do anything. I can fix the issue temporarily by opening and closing my laptop, but that doesn't prevent it from happening again.

:)

MakiHayakawa1, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Apr 4, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 4, 2019
  4. KAYINFL Win User

Laptop Keyboard and touchpad keeps turning off on its own

laptop keyboard and touchpad don't work

I am using a Lenovo B590.

No recent changes -- I had it running next to my desktop downloading some genealogy data and when I tried to Alt-Tab to another screen I discovered the keyboard was no longer responsive.

I have been able to attach an external keyboard so I can now use the computer, but the laptop's keyboard is still dead. The Touchpad is intermittently responsive. The Touchpad keys (left and right) work, but the pad itself is intermittent.

KAYINFL, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Keyboard and touchpad keeps turning off on its own

1. Laptop Keyboard and touchpad keeps turning off on its own - Similar Threads - Laptop Keyboard touchpad

2. My touchpad turn off on it own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad turn off on it own.: I have a Lenovo Flex 5i, 13th gen Intel, Windows 11. pen and touch supported. I have noticed that my laptop will have turn the touchpad off by itself whenever I first open it, and throughout the day. What happens is that the cursor will not appear on the screen anymore. if it...
  3. My touchpad turn off on it own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad turn off on it own.: I have a Lenovo Flex 5i, 13th gen Intel, Windows 11. pen and touch supported. I have noticed that my laptop will have turn the touchpad off by itself whenever I first open it, and throughout the day. What happens is that the cursor will not appear on the screen anymore. if it...
  4. PC turns off and on on its own

PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  5. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  6. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  7. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  8. pc turning off on its own

9. WiFi turns off on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi turns off on its own: My laptop just updated last night and now every few minutes or so the WiFi shuts itself off. I can turn it back on myself but it also turns itself back on if I wait. The drivers are all fully updated as well so I don’t know what else to do. submitted by /u/JasonWalkerBowman...
  10. Camera is turning on and off on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera is turning on and off on its own: Something it is happening with my camera. It starts turning on or off on its own, without any interference on my side. What kind of issue it is? I have Acer Predator Helios and Windows 10. Thank you...