Windows 10: Laptop Keyboard and TouchPad Only Work Sporadically

Discus and support Laptop Keyboard and TouchPad Only Work Sporadically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Lenovo Ideapad Flex 4 1580 Keyboard & Touchpad/Cursor Not Activating ‎The keyboard and touchpad/cursor stop working...usually after having the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johkar1, Jul 1, 2019.

1. johkar1 Win User

Laptop Keyboard and TouchPad Only Work Sporadically

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 4 1580 Keyboard & Touchpad/Cursor Not Activating

‎The keyboard and touchpad/cursor stop working...usually after having the laptop wake up from sleep mode. Rebooting doesn't work. It just seems to magically start working again eventually. It is not in tablet mode but acts like it is. What can I try? The drivers are up to date (using Driver Booster 6 Shareware) and I have also tried uninstalling them even though Windows 10 says they are working. Sometimes I can get it to activate fairly quickly and other times it takes many reboots and playing with it. Once they are active it works perfectly until the lid is closed and it goes to sleep...or sometimes it doesn't even have to go to sleep...just stops working.

I've taken the back cover off the laptop and checked connections...limited knowledge. Also blew everything out with compressed air. Turning tablet mode on and off doesn't work.

:)

johkar1, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Touchpad and keyboard problems

This is what is going on with my Probook 450 G1 laptop, Windows 10.:

Keyboard: M button does not work.

Backspace works once in a while or acts stuck. Narrator keeps saying "backspace"

Main "Enter" button works a little, not at all, freezes laptop, or goes back one step.

Escape button sometimes unfreezes mouse (touchpad).

Volume mute button freezes touchpad.

Numeric keypad does not work.

Left control button does not work, nor does the function button.

Typed entries are erased. Or internet and programs keep going back

On-screen keyboard works sporadically.

Arrow up freezes laptop or beeps in error.

Touchpad: Right-click button acts stuck at times

Click on touchpad hardly works

Left-click button works at times or freezes screen.

Touchpad mouse constantly freezes up. Escape or mute button works sporadically.

can this be fixed or will a wireless keyboard and mouse override laptop devices???

Please help!!!

thanx, Dave H

Moved from Virus & Malware

jimnastyks, Jul 1, 2019
  4. KAYINFL Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad don't work

I am using a Lenovo B590.

No recent changes -- I had it running next to my desktop downloading some genealogy data and when I tried to Alt-Tab to another screen I discovered the keyboard was no longer responsive.

I have been able to attach an external keyboard so I can now use the computer, but the laptop's keyboard is still dead. The Touchpad is intermittently responsive. The Touchpad keys (left and right) work, but the pad itself is intermittent.

KAYINFL, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop Keyboard and TouchPad Only Work Sporadically - Similar Threads - Laptop Keyboard TouchPad

2. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...
  3. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...
  4. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  5. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  6. Windows 11 - Keyboard and Mouse only working sporadically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Keyboard and Mouse only working sporadically: I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 a few months ago, and since then I'm having trouble using my keyboard and mouse, as they only work sporadically. Not like I have to reboot so they work, but after a random amount of time a matter of seconds, no input from mouse or keyboard is...
  7. Windows 11 - Keyboard and Mouse only working sporadically

Windows 11 - Keyboard and Mouse only working sporadically: I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 a few months ago, and since then I'm having trouble using my keyboard and mouse, as they only work sporadically. Not like I have to reboot so they work, but after a random amount of time a matter of seconds, no input from mouse or keyboard is...
  8. Sporadic Keyboard

Sporadic Keyboard: Half an year ago, a few keys "b", "n", " ", "/", left, down, and right arrow keys, number pad "3" and "." on my keyboard stopped responding simultaneously, and I would have to press really hard on the key usually space key for it to start working again for a few moments...
  9. Sporadic Keyboard

Sporadic Keyboard: Half an year ago, a few keys "b", "n", " ", "/", left, down, and right arrow keys, number pad "3" and "." on my keyboard stopped responding simultaneously, and I would have to press really hard on the key usually space key for it to start working again for a few moments...
  10. laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working: Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes. Solutions tried: rebooted removed and replaced main battery attached USB keyboard hit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo touchpad working sporadically

2. levono keyboard working sporatically