Windows 10: Laptop Keyboard and Trackpad suddenly not working while gaming

Discus and support Laptop Keyboard and Trackpad suddenly not working while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hear me out guys I have been playing an online game and then suddeny while playing my laptop keyboard and trackpad suddenly not working but my external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Aldrin Lopez, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Laptop Keyboard and Trackpad suddenly not working while gaming

Hear me out guys I have been playing an online game and then suddeny while playing my laptop keyboard and trackpad suddenly not working but my external mouse and keyboard is working fine and so after i finished playing and while shutting down i'd get a BLUE SCREEN saying Driver_Power_State_Failure.Please help me out

:)

John Aldrin Lopez, Oct 22, 2020

2. Laptop keyboard and trackpad not working at all.

Hi Raj,

You mentioned from your last response that keyboard and trackpad don't work on Windows in general. We can try to use the troubleshooting steps from this

link.
    You can also restore to the date when the keyboard and trackpad was working.

Shirlen Agu, Oct 22, 2020
  3. UKdarren Win User
    Keyboard and Trackpad not working

Exact same problem for me too with Asus X502C Laptop. It happened immediately after the most recent Microsoft updates installed. Perfectly OK before, no laptop keyboard or trackpad working afterwards. External keyboard does not work, but external mouse does.

Exactly the same issue as previous contributor, therefore this can only be a software issue caused by the Microsoft update rather than a hardware issue.

Any suggestions please? Nothing I've tried so far makes any difference.

UKdarren, Oct 22, 2020
  4. RajShah97 Win User

Laptop Keyboard and Trackpad suddenly not working while gaming

Laptop keyboard and trackpad not working at all.

I am currently using windows 10 with Ubuntu in dual boot. I have been using this perfectly since the past 6 months, yesterday all of a sudden my laptop's keyboard and trackpad stopped working on windows, although they work on Ubuntu and in the BIOS settings.
    I tried reinstalling the drivers and even updating them but nothing seems to work. The error shown in the device manager is code 39 {Bad File} The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.

1. Lenovo y50 laptop

2. Windows 10 Home

3. OS build - 10586.753

4. The keyboard and trackpad don't work on windows in general. Only work in Ubuntu and in the bios boot menu.

5. Keyboard Device Status is as follows :

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad File}

The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.

RajShah97, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Keyboard and Trackpad suddenly not working while gaming

1. Laptop Keyboard and Trackpad suddenly not working while gaming - Similar Threads - Laptop Keyboard Trackpad

2. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  3. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  4. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop shuts of suddenly while working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop shuts of suddenly while working: Dear Microsoft Team,I have noticed that my laptop suddenly shuts off while I am working. It was very rare before and I was thinking that my laptops charge has been completely drained out, but now I have noticed that even the charge is 99%, it shuts off suddenly. While I am...
  6. keyboard suddenly stops working mid game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard suddenly stops working mid game: hi there everyone its been about 5 days that suddenly in mid game my keyboard stops working tried everything and still have the issue sfcscan, reinstall drivers, ..... hope someone can help me solve this issue...
  7. Laptop keyboard suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard suddenly not working: So I just booted up my laptop, and I couldn't sign in because the keyboard wasn't working. I managed to get the on screen keyboard up through ease of access to log in. So now I am stuck with using the on screen keyboard to type this. Going into control panel > hardware and...
  8. Laptop trackpad all of a sudden stopped working. External USB mouse works.

Laptop trackpad all of a sudden stopped working. External USB mouse works.: Hi all, I was browsing the web, when all of a sudden my mouse trackpad stopped working. The pointer just froze. I tried to restart my laptop, and this made the pointer completely disappear. Also, when I restarted the computer, it put me back through part of the Windows...
  9. Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working: The keyboard, trackpad and usb ports arent working on my laptop. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-trackpad-and-usb-ports-not-working/2974b971-b882-414f-be21-825667dba56e
  10. Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working: For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough...