Windows 10: Laptop keyboard behaving in a peculiar way keys have to be pressed multiple times for them...

Discus and support Laptop keyboard behaving in a peculiar way keys have to be pressed multiple times for them... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently I have come across a very strange issue with my Windows laptop keyboard. I would really need some help, since this problem is extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Miguel Malmqvist, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Laptop keyboard behaving in a peculiar way keys have to be pressed multiple times for them...

So recently I have come across a very strange issue with my Windows laptop keyboard. I would really need some help, since this problem is extremely obnoxious when I am trying to work on my school assignments.What is happening is that some keys in my keyboard sometimes take several presses to register, as if they are being woken up. Sometimes I even need to hold them down for a while for them to actually work again. It gets even worse when I have to type a capital letter with SHIFT or when I attempt to enter a shortcut with CTRL.I have tried:-Updating the keyboard driver-Cleaning the keyboard-T

:)

Miguel Malmqvist, Sep 10, 2021

2. Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys

Hi! So basically, I was using my laptop and shut it down as I needed to go somewhere. I came back and turned my laptop back on and the keys were messed up (pressing backspace presses backspace and /, pressing P presses left bracket and P, pressing caps lock
    presses W and caps lock, etc.) I tried the num lock solution, uninstalled keyboard drivers and restarted, tried changing layout of keyboard and nothing worked. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 330

Roshan Azeem, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Laptop keyboard behaving in a peculiar way keys have to be pressed multiple times for them...

Keyboard is typing multiple things when a key is pressed

Hi,

To better understand your concern about your device's keyboard, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to the issue.
    • If you were cleaning your keyboard prior to the issue.
    • If your device has been exposed to any type of liquid.
    • Make and model of your device.
    In the meantime, you can perform the following to isolate the unintentional use of the
    Fn key on your keyboard:

• If your laptop has a numeric keypad, press and hold Fn and NumLock
      keys on your keyboard.
    • If numeric pad is not available, press and hold Fn and CapsLock keys on your keyboard.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Laptop keyboard behaving in a peculiar way keys have to be pressed multiple times for them...

1. Laptop keyboard behaving in a peculiar way keys have to be pressed multiple times for them... - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard behaving

2. My laptop keyboard presses keys at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard presses keys at the same time: Hello, I have a problem regarding my laptop keyboard. When I press the numpad 2, it shows as " `2 ". And it also happens when I pressed my ~/` button. It also shows as " `2 ". Is there a way to fix this as they press each other at the same time? It seems they have the same...
  3. My laptop keyboard presses keys at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard presses keys at the same time: Hello, I have a problem regarding my laptop keyboard. When I press the numpad 2, it shows as " `2 ". And it also happens when I pressed my ~/` button. It also shows as " `2 ". Is there a way to fix this as they press each other at the same time? It seems they have the same...
  4. Keyboard locks and i have to unlock pressing SHITF multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard locks and i have to unlock pressing SHITF multiple times: Hello,My problem is that sometimes my DELL laptop keyboard blocks. If i connect a external keyboard is blocked too. I found a way to unlock keyboard by pressing key SHIFT multiple times but i dont know why this is happening and how i can prevent this.When keyboard is lock...
  5. Keyboard locks and i have to unlock pressing SHITF multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard locks and i have to unlock pressing SHITF multiple times: Hello,My problem is that sometimes my DELL laptop keyboard blocks. If i connect a external keyboard is blocked too. I found a way to unlock keyboard by pressing key SHIFT multiple times but i dont know why this is happening and how i can prevent this.When keyboard is lock...
  6. Keyboard Keys behaving weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Keys behaving weird: Windows key = volume downUp key= brightness lowSpace = enter Backspace = tab+backspace"W" not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-behaving-weird/bb793a97-9597-4b1b-a352-a92c89c7dea8
  7. Keyboard suddenly having a hard time with pressing keys simultaneously

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard suddenly having a hard time with pressing keys simultaneously: So about a week ago or longer, I couldn't press as many keys simultaneously (just normal commands like ctrl+space; when I used to let go of ctrl 'space' would also continue to hold, but now it won't) and it's really bothersome. Even other simple keys that used to work easily...
  8. Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.

Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.: So, it's been a few weeks now, and I've been really struggling, but here's to hopping I'm able to find a solution for this. My keyboard has been acting up really bad, almost making my typing experience impossible to work with, and it's causing me problems as with the...
  9. Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys

Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys: Hi! So basically, I was using my laptop and shut it down as I needed to go somewhere. I came back and turned my laptop back on and the keys were messed up pressing backspace presses backspace and /, pressing P presses left bracket and P, pressing caps lock presses W and caps...
  10. is there a way of pressing 6 keys at a time with a virtual keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    is there a way of pressing 6 keys at a time with a virtual keyboard?: i have an old computer emulator that requires me to press 6 keys at the same time to enter a test mode. 131102

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com