Windows 10: Laptop Keyboard broken

Discus and support Laptop Keyboard broken in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everybody, Who can help me with a big problem i have with my laptop. Per accident i cleaned my laptops keyboard with product. In the beginning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jakeblueeyes, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Laptop Keyboard broken

Hi everybody,

Who can help me with a big problem i have with my laptop. Per accident i cleaned my laptops keyboard with product. In the beginning no problem, but after a few days soms keys were not working. A few days later i can not type anything anymore. Computer is booting ok but i can not log in because keys not working or 1 or more keys looks like making constant contact like if you press a key in and hold it. I connected an external keyboard and hoped to bypass laptop keyboard but no. When you try to log in with that external keyboard you see that 1 or more keys are constantly active on keyboard laptop, so it is impossible to login. so no disconnection possible via windows.

What can i do to bypass keyboard laptop?

Many greetings

:)

Jakeblueeyes, Jan 24, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Dec 16, 2019
  3. The lastest update has broken my laptop keyboard

Hi Samantha,

I realize that the laptop keyboard is not working properly after an update in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer the question to get more clarity on this issue:

• Does the issue persists when you plug in the USB keyboard?

Suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

You may want to open a notepad and type using that key to check if that key works fine.

For a quick cleaning, turn the keyboard upside down and use a can of compressed air to blow out any foreign matter. Be sure to do this in a location where falling debris can be cleaned up easily. Turn the keyboard upside down and tap on it a
    few times. You should see a bit of dirt fall out. Change the angle and tap harder to make most of it get out.

Clean the sides of the keys with a clean cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Laptop Keyboard broken

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Keyboard broken

1. Laptop Keyboard broken - Similar Threads - Laptop Keyboard broken

2. My keyboard is broken???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is broken???: Today I went on my computer.. for some reason my keyboard wasn't working... So I reconnected it. My laptop is one of those attachable keyboard and screen with the yellow things in the middle, so I just took the screen out, then put it back in, I could log on on my computer...
  3. My keyboard is broken???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is broken???: Today I went on my computer.. for some reason my keyboard wasn't working... So I reconnected it. My laptop is one of those attachable keyboard and screen with the yellow things in the middle, so I just took the screen out, then put it back in, I could log on on my computer...
  4. Broken Virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Virtual keyboard: Good day, since yesterday I'm observing high CPU usage after logon. After looking into process explorer I'm finding it's caused by the TextInputHost.exe process instantly restarting in infinite loop. In event viewer I'm finding hundreds of same error entries for this process-...
  5. Broken Virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken Virtual keyboard: Good day, since yesterday I'm observing high CPU usage after logon. After looking into process explorer I'm finding it's caused by the TextInputHost.exe process instantly restarting in infinite loop. In event viewer I'm finding hundreds of same error entries for this process-...
  6. Laptop broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop broken: Whenever I boot up my laptop the screen is gray and the cursor is there what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-broken/a98aad46-e78e-41c9-809d-f5e091bf32eb
  7. Hp laptop 14 Stream keyboard broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hp laptop 14 Stream keyboard broken: So i went to get on my laptop then it starts acting up and i press A and it puts 1 the top row of keys dont work and im like what i tried every yt vid to fix it and nothing works what should i do?...
  8. Broken keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken keyboard layout: Hi, the french (France) keyboard layout suddenly broke in my current Win installation i can't use it anymore, i used the french (Belgium) layout as a workaround for now but it has some minor differences that are annoying. I can't see it in the layout list anymore as you can...
  9. Keyboard painfully broken

Keyboard painfully broken: Every few hours my keyboard will suddenly shut down from responding to correctly, my CapsLk will lock and typing any character will either result in no reaction or the keyboard typing "b" repeatedly or text similar to "n3/ b/". Even restarting my Laptop will not fix it, nor...
  10. broken laptop :(

broken laptop :(: Windows 10 randomly updated last night and now it disconnects frlm the wifi by itself 30 seconds after connecting. My friend sent me a driver to install but i have no way to install it, unless I could potentially download on my samsung s8 and move it over to my computer...