Windows 10: Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign In screen

Discus and support Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign In screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! This is the second time this problem occurs, first time I was able to solve it myself but I can't remember how, this time though I really can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/passingnights, May 23, 2020.

1. Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign In screen

Hi!

This is the second time this problem occurs, first time I was able to solve it myself but I can't remember how, this time though I really can't find any solution.

I have a Lenovo Y7000 with Windows 10 Enterprise installed.

When I turned my laptop on last night, I noticed that I wasn't able to type my PIN unless I clicked on the Ease of Access icon on the Sign In screen, the one on the bottom right. Simply clicking on it makes everything work fine.

I checked the Ease of Access options in Control Panel, everything is turned off.

As I said in the beginning, it's not the first time this happens and I'm pretty sure there's no hardware problem because the keyboard works perfectly fine if I click on Ease of Access and I'm also pretty sure that I haven't changed any settings or installed any program that could've messed up the system. This happens only after Shut Down/Restart. Signing off and Signing back in doesn't seem to display this problem

I also wanna mention that turning Sticky keys on in control panel makes the keyboard work in a very weird way, like the keys are not typing, but doing other stuff, like opening the search bar, opening various programs etc. Same thing if I turn on from the Sign In screen: I cant type anything, not even after turning Sticky Keys off afterwards. I don't know what SK are supposed to do, I never used them.

Please, if anyone ever experienced something similar or has any idea of how to solve this or who i should get in touch with, please reply.

submitted by /u/passingnights
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/passingnights, May 23, 2020

2. Remove ease of access on Lock and Sign-in Screen.

I there anyway to remove the Ease of access on the Lock and Sign-in Screen please?

Paul Black, May 23, 2020
  3. Touch Keyboard Settings missing

Hi Graham,

• Have you installed all the pending Windows updates? If not I suggest you to check.

Also I suggest you to check whether the devices are governed or configured through group policy as you mentioned multiple devices used in a domain environment such as hospitals.

I suggest you to check whether the Onscreen Keyboard is working or not. Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 23, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign In screen

Remove ease of access on Lock and Sign-in Screen.

Nope!
    It can be disabled with adverse effects!
    To remove it would probably cause worse adverse effects!

Edwin, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign In screen

1. Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign In screen - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard doesnt

2. Ease of access narrator screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  3. Ease of access narrator screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  4. Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...: Hello! My laptop keyboard isn't working as well as my onscreen keyboard. I tried plugging in an external keyboard but it also wasn't typing even after I switched ports. I'm stuck at the sign-in screen and can't access anything else, but the thing is, when I clicked on "I...
  5. Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...: Hello! My laptop keyboard isn't working as well as my onscreen keyboard. I tried plugging in an external keyboard but it also wasn't typing even after I switched ports. I'm stuck at the sign-in screen and can't access anything else, but the thing is, when I clicked on "I...
  6. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  7. ' and @ on a UK keyboard doesn't work unless I press it long

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ' and @ on a UK keyboard doesn't work unless I press it long: I'm on Windows 10 and got a UK keyboard and when I want to type ' or @ I need to press it for a good second for it to show up, but when it does show up it spams '''''''''''' or @@@@@@@ so I always have to backspace it every time which is annoying and also it takes too long...
  8. Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign: Hi! This is the second time this problem occurs, first time I was able to solve it myself but I can't remember how, this time though I really can't find any solution. I have a Lenovo Y7000 with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. When I turned my laptop on last night, I...
  9. Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen: So I've been trying to find a solution for this problem for almost an hour now and it's annoying me. I own a Lenovo Legion Y7000 laptop with Windows 10 installed. Today, after I turned off my laptop, I noticed some sort of...bread crumb I think, on the keyboard, under one of...
  10. Remove ease of access on Lock and Sign-in Screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove ease of access on Lock and Sign-in Screen.: I there anyway to remove the Ease of access on the Lock and Sign-in Screen please? 152271