Windows 10: Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?

Discus and support Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 4 user accounts on my laptop and this error only occurs with one, with the others everything is normal. Anyway: The keyboard always gives me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dasgehirn45, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?

I have 4 user accounts on my laptop and this error only occurs with one, with the others everything is normal. Anyway:

The keyboard always gives me wrong characters. I click on the "u" and a "4" appears. And this is the case with several characters. Cleaning the keyboard and restarting it didn't help. What can help?

:)

dasgehirn45, Jun 6, 2020

2. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Laptop Keyboard typing wrong character on & off

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest that you try the steps below and check if it helps.

On the search bar type “Control Panel” and then go to “Clock, Language and Region”.

Click on “Language” and on the left pane, locate “Advance Settings” and click on it.

Locate “Override on Default Input Method” click on the drop down box and choose your preferred language (English US).

Also make sure that “Override for windows display language” drop down box is set as English (US).

Click on “OK” and restart your system and check if it resolves your issue.

If that doesn't work try uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard drivers:

Press Windows key + R to open up a Run box. Then, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter to open up Device Manager.

Inside Device Manager, scroll down through the devices list and expand the Keyboards drop-down menu.

Then, right-click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard and choose Uninstall device.

Click the Uninstall button again to confirm.

Note: After you click the Uninstall button, it’s very likely that your keyboard will become unresponsive.

Use your mouse to trigger a machine restart. At the next startup, Windows will automatically reinstall the missing Standard PS/2 Keyboard. If the issue was related to a corrupted file within the Standard PS/2 Keyboard driver, your keyboard should no longer
    output the wrong characters.

PeterFlynn4, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?

Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.

Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard 1531. Did a Windows 10 update, now the keyboard will not work. It displays the wrong characters, for instance when I press the "b"-key it displays "By" and when I press the "o"-key it displays ";o". I tried it on two
    different laptops; same problem (the two laptops are a Surface and a Dell, both running Windows 10). I tried changing the batteries (two different sets), still does not work correctly. The keys incorrectly display the wrong characters on both laptops.

JamesW3_137, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?

1. Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters? - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard wrong

2. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: Hello, to the people who can help.My laptop keyboard typing keeps going wrong after I cleaned it with spray.The characters that were incorrect"a" as "da""c" as "cz" or "zc""d" as "ad""e" as "qe"space as ",""k" as "/k", "k/" and enter"q" as "eq""z" as "cz" or "zc"enter as "k/"...
  3. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: Hello, to the people who can help.My laptop keyboard typing keeps going wrong after I cleaned it with spray.The characters that were incorrect"a" as "da""c" as "cz" or "zc""d" as "ad""e" as "qe"space as ",""k" as "/k", "k/" and enter"q" as "eq""z" as "cz" or "zc"enter as "k/"...
  4. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: My keyboard is typing wrong characters, when I press altgr+Q for bring the @ symbol it always shows @ plus another ramdom character. How I can fix this?...
  5. Comfort Keyboard 5050 giving the wrong characters

Comfort Keyboard 5050 giving the wrong characters: I have a Comfort Keyboard 5050 that's worked well in the UK for the last 6 months, but it has suddenly started giving the wrong characters. If I press the @ key I get ", and vice-versa. Also, the 'pound' key now gives me # and the # key gives me \. I'm assuming I've somehow...
  6. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  7. Laptop Keyboard typing wrong character on & off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Keyboard typing wrong character on & off: When typing on my laptop keyboard, letter ‘M’key suddenly starts typing ‘R’ instead. It goes back to normal after rebooting. Pls note: 1. This is not a case of having NUMLOCK or the wrong language selected. 2. Does not happen when there’s an external keyboard connected....
  8. Keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing wrong characters: Win 10- up to date -Asus desktop-recently began typing the wrong letters when I am trying to find a file in my documents, pictures etc..this has been asked before but the reply from 2016 doesn't apply to my Settings topics..why is this suddenly happening ? This is the only...
  9. Wrong characters with keyboard

Wrong characters with keyboard: Hi My keyboard now displays @ when I press shift/double quotes and the opposite when I press shift/at sign. Where do I go to check what keyboard options have been set up during the upgrade. Thanks Daniel 10427
  10. Wrong characters shown. Keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong characters shown. Keyboard issue: Hi My PC showed UK Keyboard after W10 installed, the only issue I found was that "@" showed instead of " " " and vice versa. To fix this I changed the keyboard to US Keyboard, as it had been until W10, that fixed the problem but when I reboot it reverts to UK Keyboard....