Windows 10: Laptop keyboard is not working properly after recent Windows update

Discus and support Laptop keyboard is not working properly after recent Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 1909 build 18363.1016 Lenovo X140e laptop After bootup keyboard works for 15+- minutes then simply "dies", requiring a reboot and it works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J JVeyera, Aug 26, 2020.

1. J JVeyera Win User

Laptop keyboard is not working properly after recent Windows update

Windows 10 1909 build 18363.1016
    Lenovo X140e laptop

After bootup keyboard works for 15+- minutes then simply "dies", requiring a reboot and it works again. It "dies" again after a unkown period of time, could be 10 minutes, might be working well over an hour. When keyboard "dies" only a reboot fixes the problem briefly.

Have tried Windows troubleshoot of the keyboard, no issues found.

What next?

:)

J JVeyera, Aug 26, 2020

2. Keyboard not working properly

Hi Yvan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand you are facing difficulties as your keyboard is not working properly. I will assist you with this issue.

First of all, I would suggest you to install all the latest updates released by Microsoft from Windows Updates and check if that helps or not. And to update your drivers, please follow the steps and let us know if it helps fixing the issue or not:

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
    Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.

• Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate Keyboard and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.

Let us know if this fixes your issue or not, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Aug 26, 2020
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Laptop keyboard is not working properly after recent Windows update

Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you performed a full pc virus scan on the system recently?

Suggest you to launch the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the system.
    These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Laptop keyboard is not working properly after recent Windows update

1. Laptop keyboard is not working properly after recent Windows update - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard working

2. Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update: Hi, after the recent windows 10 update, the keyboard on my laptop stopped working.I have tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the update, and restoring my PC to a previous date, is there anything else I could do to fix the issue?Thanks....
  3. Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update: Hi, after the recent windows 10 update, the keyboard on my laptop stopped working.I have tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the update, and restoring my PC to a previous date, is there anything else I could do to fix the issue?Thanks....
  4. Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop keyboard backspace not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard backspace not working properly: Hi, My computer recently randomly decided to start bugging out. One day, I was typing on Google Docs when my computer started deleting random words as if I was pressing the backspace key which I wasn't. I did some more investigation and could not find the problem. I reset my...
  6. Laptop keyboard not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keyboard not working after recent update: External won’t work either. I’ve tried reinstalling keyboards, updating drivers, restarting several times and nothing works. Please help. Already had to reset my laptop after a previous update nearly killed it. submitted by /u/winters_soldier [link] [comments]...
  7. Keyboard not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working after recent update: My keyboard is not working after the recent update especially when you type a password in a WIFI or in type a word in a search box. Other than that everything is fine. It works in Office Application....
  8. Keyboard and mice stopped working after the recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mice stopped working after the recent update: Title. My keyboard and mice stopped working once I restarted the pc. The lights turns on the keyboard and mouse but won’t register anything, please help. submitted by /u/azndkflush [link] [comments]...
  9. Touchpad and keyboard is not working properly after recent updates of windows 10 pro 1909...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad and keyboard is not working properly after recent updates of windows 10 pro 1909...: Mouse and keyboard is not working properly after recent updates of windows 10 pro 1909 build 18363.1016. Touchpad stuck after every 10-15 minutes, when i press alt+tab then it starts working again. in keyboard when i try to add ">" from left shift key then it's working but...
  10. Malwarebytes stopped working properly after recent Windows 8.1 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes stopped working properly after recent Windows 8.1 update: I have Malwarebytes Premium 3.6.1 which worked until just recently. Following a update of Windows 8.1, I cannot turn on the Malware Protection layer. Its still scans my files. How do I get Malwarebytes to work again? Thanks in anticipation Anthony Moffoot...