Windows 10: Laptop keyboard is typing random things.

Discus and support Laptop keyboard is typing random things. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have checked under the keys and there's nothing and it is happening with all the keys had to type this with the on screen keyboard which is no easy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cultural-Enthusiasm4, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Laptop keyboard is typing random things.

I have checked under the keys and there's nothing and it is happening with all the keys had to type this with the on screen keyboard which is no easy task.

submitted by /u/Cultural-Enthusiasm4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cultural-Enthusiasm4, Mar 10, 2021

2. While typing on my laptop keyboard the curser jumps at random anywhere on my document

While typing on my laptop keyboard the curser jumps at random anywhere on my document deletes up to a whole paragraph of typed information and begins to type on the bottom of the pg where I am working - really annoying. Tried one of the suggestions on
    here but it is still occurring.

VickieRakich, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Emoji keyboard causes random typing.

From what I understand and how I have seen it work on other machines, when I bring up the emoji keyboard (Win+. or Win+Laptop keyboard is typing random things. ;) it should allow me to type normally, and suggest emoji that match what I type.

However, when I type with the emoji keyboard up on this machine, it produces random input. Like, literally random. For example, if I type "asdfasdfasdfasdf" while Win+. is up: qmoypana8bi5rwn0, and while Win+; is up wj21ja912oipp9d1.

I guess this could be good for generating passwords quickly, but what the heck?

JerMitchell, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Laptop keyboard is typing random things.

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Laptop keyboard is typing random things.

1. Laptop keyboard is typing random things. - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard typing

2. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard types random characters: As it says in the title, I'm having a number of issues with my keyboard. Perhaps this helps to understand the problem:When I press C, I get this: c3This happens with the R: vrWith M: [up directional key] m7And so on. Many of the keys on my keyboard don't even work. Something...
  3. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard types random characters: As it says in the title, I'm having a number of issues with my keyboard. Perhaps this helps to understand the problem:When I press C, I get this: c3This happens with the R: vrWith M: [up directional key] m7And so on. Many of the keys on my keyboard don't even work. Something...
  4. Typing on keyboard laptop opens random windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing on keyboard laptop opens random windows: Recently my ow got updated to windows 11 from 10. since then my laptop keyboard is working erratically. Pressing 1 opens edge browser, pressing 2 opens some random window, some keys do not function. I have tried all the methods mentioned in the community but none of them...
  5. Typing on keyboard laptop opens random windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing on keyboard laptop opens random windows: Recently my ow got updated to windows 11 from 10. since then my laptop keyboard is working erratically. Pressing 1 opens edge browser, pressing 2 opens some random window, some keys do not function. I have tried all the methods mentioned in the community but none of them...
  6. Keyboard is doing random things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard is doing random things: For example when i press "g" it shuts down the computer and when i press "e" it brings up file explorer i tried using another keyboard still had the same problem but with the keys doing different things the on screen keyboard works fine submitted by /u/I_OMAR_I [link]...
  7. Keyboard input not working on random things

Keyboard input not working on random things: A few days ago I noticed the windows photo app not responding to the arrow keys on my keyboard, then the windows login screen stopped responding to Spacebar/Enter key to reveal the enter password box (it does with mouse input only). I am not able to use keyboard to search...
  8. Laptop TouchPad locks up and keyboard types randomly

Laptop TouchPad locks up and keyboard types randomly: Hello Redditors, Recently my keyboard has started to type in random letters when I try to type in something and when this occurs, my touchpad will also lock up. This problem occurs now every time I boot up the laptop and encounter the login screen, I've plugged in a USB...
  9. Keyboard buttons typing randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard buttons typing randomly: My Backspace, Enter, D, } and " keys are pressing different things. I tried using keyboard tester and its typing all over the place. Already did the troubleshooting for keyboard drivers and language and still nothing fixed it. Its a brand new laptop!...
  10. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...