Windows 10: Laptop keyboard key auto presses itself, without physical stimulus.

Discus and support Laptop keyboard key auto presses itself, without physical stimulus. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Laptop - Lenovo ideapad 320 The "Previous Track button", on the built-in keyboard on my laptop keeps pressing itself, and I can't play any videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HowYouDoin6969, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Laptop keyboard key auto presses itself, without physical stimulus.

Laptop - Lenovo ideapad 320
    The "Previous Track button", on the built-in keyboard on my laptop keeps pressing itself, and I can't play any videos because of it. Here is a list of constraints I am suffering.

• I can't install any third-party software to disable that key.
    • I have tried checking driver updates but couldn't find anything, recently updated all optional updates but problem remained unsolved.
    • I am using an external keyboard as well which doesn't have that key, but removing or plugging in it doesn't solve/worsen the problem.
    • Laptop is 2 years old.
    • I use VLC media player, Films & TV, problem occurs in both.
    • The problem disappears occasionally, and it seems everything is fine, unti it randomly reappears again.
    submitted by /u/HowYouDoin6969
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HowYouDoin6969, Sep 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 15, 2020
  3. RonKav Win User
    Laptop Keys Stay Pressed (But Not Physically)

Dear Microsoft community forums,

I've had my HP laptop for about a year and there's something that's been really bothering me about my laptop that has been happening since the day I've got it. When I hold down a key for more than five seconds (this is very inconsistent, as it only happens
    sometimes) it stays "pressed" (but not physically) until it's pressed again. This isn't a physical issue as it happened from day one and although I found a solution online it didn't work for Windows 10. and this can happen with any key at any time. It's happened
    in Microsoft Word and most annoyingly any video game. It's identical to this problem:

Hold a key for more than 5 seconds and some sort of 'Sticky keys' turns on

This problem, however, never got resolved. Does anyone know what causes this and how to stop it in Windows 10?

Link to the old solution:

Keyboard keys get stuck ONLY IN GAMES!!

RonKav, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Laptop keyboard key auto presses itself, without physical stimulus.

Auto pressing keys

My computer is auto typing several unknown keys! Sometimes, when I work on a list, it scroll back to top! Its not my mouse because it works like the arrow keys- one by one. I have formatted all drives and disconnected laptop built in keyboard. I am currently
    using an external keyboard. (Note: My external keyboard is tested and there is no issues). I have also tried uninstalling keyboard drivers and updating them. But nothing seems to be the solution. What can I do to solve this problem?

I am using HP ProBook 440 Windows 10 with external mouse and keyboard.

AlifAl Emran, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Laptop keyboard key auto presses itself, without physical stimulus.

1. Laptop keyboard key auto presses itself, without physical stimulus. - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard key

2. Keyboard auto pressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard auto pressing: I tried disabling the internal keyboard and its still automatically pressing, I also tried to disconnect my external keyboard and its still pressing its getting very annoying I tried everything I tried a battery reset I tried disabling the internal keyboard none of them works...
  3. Keyboard auto pressing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard auto pressing: I tried disabling the internal keyboard and its still automatically pressing, I also tried to disconnect my external keyboard and its still pressing its getting very annoying I tried everything I tried a battery reset I tried disabling the internal keyboard none of them works...
  4. Keyboard auto pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Key auto pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key auto pressing: My laptop auto pressing key C and i stuck in lock screen. How to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-auto-pressing/db37615f-6eee-487e-869f-842e7996ae9d
  6. Key auto pressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key auto pressing: My laptop auto pressing key C and i stuck in lock screen. How to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-auto-pressing/db37615f-6eee-487e-869f-842e7996ae9d
  7. Key auto pressing

8. Auto key pressing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto key pressing: How am i suppose to solve auto pressing key, its giving me headache, feels like smashing my pc..need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-key-pressing/12706771-a286-41b8-badf-28c96716e98c
  9. Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.

Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.: So, it's been a few weeks now, and I've been really struggling, but here's to hopping I'm able to find a solution for this. My keyboard has been acting up really bad, almost making my typing experience impossible to work with, and it's causing me problems as with the...
  10. CTRL Key being triggered without the physical key being pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL Key being triggered without the physical key being pressed: Randomly my computer will act like my CTRL button is being held down and unless I press CTRL and ESC it doesnt FIX itself sometimes this doesn't work and I have to reboot. I have tried swapping keyboards and I have all the USELESS STICKY KEY functions disable for good reason....