Windows 10: Laptop keyboard not registering every keystroke

Discus and support Laptop keyboard not registering every keystroke in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm getting very frustrated. My laptop keyboard is behaving inconsistently. It started a couple weeks ago with just the L key not always coming up as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZMech, Mar 22, 2021.

1. /u/ZMech Win User

Laptop keyboard not registering every keystroke

I'm getting very frustrated.

My laptop keyboard is behaving inconsistently. It started a couple weeks ago with just the L key not always coming up as a keystroke every time, then quickly spread to all of the other keys. I'm having to use an external keyboard else everything is full of typos.

A repair guy installed a new keyboard, but that hasn't helped.

I've tried a bunch of suggestions around updating the drivers and BIOS, but that still hasn't helped. I've checked the filter key settings but that's switched off.

It's a 3 year old XPS 9360 13 (out of warranty), running OS 19042.867 and BIOS 2.14.2.

Has anyone come across something like this before and worked out a fix? I'm out of ideas, and now don't even know if it's a hardware of software issue.

submitted by /u/ZMech
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZMech, Mar 22, 2021
  2. DavidA835 Win User

Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke

I tried all your steps and no luck. I have one of these keyboards at home and at work. Both have the same issue. It mainly is when you switch between programs the first keystroke is not registering.

This is very frustrating, especially when typing password.

David

DavidA835, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke

With all these similar experiences - perhaps it's time for Microsoft to recall the product all together or for users to bring a class action suit to get our money back.

JaimeCaban, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Laptop keyboard not registering every keystroke

Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke

Purchased Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard 11/2015

After upgrading to Windows 10, Sculpt Keyboard intermittently not registering first keystroke. .

- Replaced battery - no change

- Moved USB/dongle to another port - not change

Any ideas?

JaimeCaban, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Laptop keyboard not registering every keystroke

1. Laptop keyboard not registering every keystroke - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard registering

2. Slow registering keystrokes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow registering keystrokes: Why does my computer not respond quickly to pressed keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-registering-keystrokes/350ce823-7620-4b9c-b497-f802064029e9
  3. Slow registering keystrokes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow registering keystrokes: Why does my computer not respond quickly to pressed keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-registering-keystrokes/350ce823-7620-4b9c-b497-f802064029e9
  4. Slow registering keystrokes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. window 11 not registering some keystrokes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 not registering some keystrokes: In my pc n m , . / keys are not registering first i thought my keyboard is faulty but I use another keyboard but still not registering that keys only.idk what to do I tried turning sticky keys on and off uninstall device restart...
  6. window 11 not registering some keystrokes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window 11 not registering some keystrokes: In my pc n m , . / keys are not registering first i thought my keyboard is faulty but I use another keyboard but still not registering that keys only.idk what to do I tried turning sticky keys on and off uninstall device restart...
  7. Keystrokes Stop Registering

Keystrokes Stop Registering: Hi all,After ~15-20 minutes post-boot, my computer stops registering keystrokes. I can't type into notepad, firefox, start menu,or anything else. However, anything that's a command does work ex. WIN+D, ALT+TAB, ENTER, etc.. Caps lock + num lock turn on and off as well.The...
  8. Keyboard not registering some keystrokes when typing fast (not FilterKeys)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not registering some keystrokes when typing fast (not FilterKeys): Hello, I have a Dell Latitude 7390 Laptop, 2-in-1 with tablet mode. For the last two days, my laptop hasn't been registering all of the keystokes. Whether it's logging into the laptop, typing this post, sending an email, it feels like the computer is too slow all of a sudden...
  9. Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke

Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke: I have been using a Sculpt Comfort wireless Keyboard for about 4 months. It is comfortable and has worked great up until about 2 weeks ago. I was running Windows 7 on my HP Mobile Workstation with no issues, but was forced to upgrade my OS to Windows 10 (company IT policy)....
  10. Keyboard Not Registering Some Keystrokes in Bootup Login Screen

Keyboard Not Registering Some Keystrokes in Bootup Login Screen: My keyboard has never had this problem in the past but lately I've been forced to use the on screen keyboard as mine will not work well at all to type in my password in the login screen. It is extremely laggy and won't even register some keystrokes even after a long period of...