Windows 10: Laptop keyboard not working after recent update

Discus and support Laptop keyboard not working after recent update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; External won’t work either. I’ve tried reinstalling keyboards, updating drivers, restarting several times and nothing works. Please help. Already had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/winters_soldier, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Laptop keyboard not working after recent update

External won’t work either. I’ve tried reinstalling keyboards, updating drivers, restarting several times and nothing works. Please help. Already had to reset my laptop after a previous update nearly killed it.

submitted by /u/winters_soldier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/winters_soldier, Jan 4, 2021

2. Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Ticked Win User

Laptop keyboard not working after recent update

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Laptop keyboard not working after recent update

1. Laptop keyboard not working after recent update - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard working

2. Keyboard issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard issues after recent update: After an update the other day, the following keys stopped functioning: / Z 4 I thought it would be strange if it was water damage or dirt considering I don't eat or drink near it, and it stays in the same spot. Also the fact the position of those keys are spread out, is a bit...
  3. Keyboard issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard issues after recent update: After an update the other day, the following keys stopped functioning: / Z 4 I thought it would be strange if it was water damage or dirt considering I don't eat or drink near it, and it stays in the same spot. Also the fact the position of those keys are spread out, is a bit...
  4. Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update: Hi, after the recent windows 10 update, the keyboard on my laptop stopped working.I have tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the update, and restoring my PC to a previous date, is there anything else I could do to fix the issue?Thanks....
  5. Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update: Hi, after the recent windows 10 update, the keyboard on my laptop stopped working.I have tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the update, and restoring my PC to a previous date, is there anything else I could do to fix the issue?Thanks....
  6. Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Keyboard not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working after recent update: My keyboard is not working after the recent update especially when you type a password in a WIFI or in type a word in a search box. Other than that everything is fine. It works in Office Application....
  8. Keyboard and mice stopped working after the recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mice stopped working after the recent update: Title. My keyboard and mice stopped working once I restarted the pc. The lights turns on the keyboard and mouse but won’t register anything, please help. submitted by /u/azndkflush [link] [comments]...
  9. Laptop keyboard is not working properly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard is not working properly after recent Windows update: Windows 10 1909 build 18363.1016 Lenovo X140e laptop After bootup keyboard works for 15+- minutes then simply "dies", requiring a reboot and it works again. It "dies" again after a unkown period of time, could be 10 minutes, might be working well over an hour. When...
  10. Laptop's Keyboard is not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop's Keyboard is not working after update: Hi Team, I am facing a lot of trouble as my laptop's keyboard is not functioning properly, it works normally for a period of time and then automatically there are some issues such pressing 'i' opens display setting, pressing 'L' locks the screen and many as such. I have...