Windows 10: laptop keyboard not working after restarting

Discus and support laptop keyboard not working after restarting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I reinstalled windows 10 into my laptop asus x442uf all is working normally. Everytime I restarting the laptop, keyboard is not working anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alvincaronilla, Jan 11, 2021.

1. laptop keyboard not working after restarting

Hi,

I reinstalled windows 10 into my laptop asus x442uf all is working normally. Everytime I restarting the laptop, keyboard is not working anymore on the login screen. so to bring it back, I need to press the power button to turn off display and turn on again then keyboard is working again.. why do i need to do it when i restarting the laptop?

:)

alvincaronilla, Jan 11, 2021

2. Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard not working after restarting

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

laptop keyboard not working after restarting

1. laptop keyboard not working after restarting - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard working

2. Laptop Not working after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Not working after restart: At first it was working then I just restarted my hp laptop then suddenly lights vertical lines appeared on screen and it turned off. Now just the power button, charging light and keyboard lights are blinking, but laptop is not starting...
  3. Laptop Not working after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not working after restart: At first it was working then I just restarted my hp laptop then suddenly lights vertical lines appeared on screen and it turned off. Now just the power button, charging light and keyboard lights are blinking, but laptop is not starting...
  4. Laptop Not working after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse and Keyboard wont work after restarting computer

Mouse and Keyboard wont work after restarting computer: So my apps werent working so i restarted my computer/desktop and when it was done i was stuck on the home screen and wasnt able to move my mouse or anything. I tried going into the BIOS menu and tryed fixing it there but couldnt find any problems please help i just got this...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse not working after Restart Windows 10

Keyboard and Mouse not working after Restart Windows 10: I just got a PC from my school, they didn’t need it anymore so they gave it to me, when I first plugged it in everything worked fine, Keyboard and mouse no issues. But I had to reset it cause it was a school computer! After I reset it my Mouse and Keyboard only works in the...
  7. Laptop's Keyboard is not working after update

Laptop's Keyboard is not working after update: Hi Team, I am facing a lot of trouble as my laptop's keyboard is not functioning properly, it works normally for a period of time and then automatically there are some issues such pressing 'i' opens display setting, pressing 'L' locks the screen and many as such. I have...
  8. Keyboard not Working after Restart

Keyboard not Working after Restart: Most keys on my laptop keyboard are disabled that prevent me from login after restart or recovered from sleep. However, capslock, numlock and shifts are ok. Sometimes, the keys start working after a while, and sometimes they won't until I tried to switch to other screens and...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse not working after computer restart

Keyboard and Mouse not working after computer restart: When I restart my computer the keyboard and mouse don't work in the start up screen (neither do other mice or keyboards), but do work in the BIOS, the only way I know how to fix it is go to the windows recovery mode and reset the system, which is annoying and uninstalls my...
  10. USB not working after restarting laptop.

USB not working after restarting laptop.: EDIT* I reinstalled windows and it worked for me I don't know how I installed it incorrectly Thanks for the help!! Hi I have a lenovo Y50-70 laptop (i7-4710HQ GTX 860m 4GB 8GB ram) after restarting my laptop I had to because I installed the XTU from intel and then my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after restart laptop keyboard not working