Windows 10: Laptop Keyboard not working due to sketchy application program

Discus and support Laptop Keyboard not working due to sketchy application program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 2 days ago Saturday, I fell for a sketchy youtube video that thinks certain applications would perform little optimization for low-end PC. I only used... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NatnatGaming101, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Laptop Keyboard not working due to sketchy application program

2 days ago Saturday, I fell for a sketchy youtube video that thinks certain applications would perform little optimization for low-end PC. I only used two out of 4 sketchy optimizers and one app Memory Reduct has caused my laptop keyboard to stop working or got disabled.I tried all the common methods to fix this but none of them work and the following are:- Update keyboard driver- Reinstall keyboard driver- Filter key is not the issue- Troubleshooting keyboard- Anti-virus scanning- BIOS resetThe most notable thing is that I'm only able to use the laptop keyboard for a very short period of

:)

NatnatGaming101, Feb 7, 2022
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Feb 7, 2022
  3. swbst3 Win User
    Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10

All, I have recently purchased a new HP Envy laptop and I am using a Microsoft natural keyboard via USB. The keyboard works as expected for several hours of the day. However, out of nowhere, the keyboard will suddenly stop working for certain applications.

Here is what I know:

• -It doesn't seem to be every application. A lot of the times, I open a new email and suddenly cannot type. When this occurs, the delete, home, insert keys still work on the keyboard (inside of the new email reply).

• -When I can no longer type in an application, I can open an Internet browser and still type to enter a URL or search Google so the keyboard never completely stops functioning...only for the application where the problem is currently happening.

• -When I can no longer type in an application, other applications still allow me to type like there is no issue at all.

• -Unplugging the keyboard and plugging back in does not resolve the issue. Additionally, as mentioned above, the keyboard still works in other open applications.

• -Laptop has 16GB of memory. I do not believe this is a performance related issue.

• -I am rebooting my laptop a few times a day to fix the issue.

• -I am also noticing that after 10-15 minutes or so, the program(s) that previously prohibited me from typing (all of a sudden), will just start working again as if nothing ever happened.

• -Restarting the laptop fixes the issue. Closing the program experiencing the issue and then re-opening does NOT fix the problem.

What I can't figure out:

• -I cannot figure out a pattern as to which applications are experiencing this issue. It happens often in Outlook and also happens in my IM client (using pidgin). It has happened as well in SQL Server.
    • -I cannot figure out how long it takes for the program to "recover." As I mentioned above, I don't always have to reboot for the keyboard to start working again. Sometimes waiting several minutes fixes the problem.

I am troubleshooting as well as I can, but I am also quite busy with work so sometimes the easiest method is simply to reboot and hope I catch on to some pattern the next time the issue occurs.

Any help provided will certainly be appreciated as this is starting to become quite frustrating. I am also going to check HP's support, but my first inclination is that this is a Windows 10 issue.

Thanks in Advance!

swbst3, Feb 7, 2022
  4. Laptop Keyboard not working due to sketchy application program

Keyboard not working only on Windows programs.

Hi Viktor,

One of the possible reasons why your keyboard is not responding is due to
    outdated drivers in Windows 10
    . To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Is your keyboard connected to your computer via Bluetooth?
    • If your keyboard is connected to a USB port, does the issue occurs when you connect it to other USB ports?
    • Does the keyboard respond when you press the Windows key?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user on your computer to see if the
    issue will occur on a different user profile. To add a new user, please follow the steps in this

article

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

Laptop Keyboard not working due to sketchy application program

1. Laptop Keyboard not working due to sketchy application program - Similar Threads - Laptop Keyboard working

2. Gaming Laptop bluescreening due to keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Laptop bluescreening due to keyboard: Hello, thank you for clicking on this and maybe trying to help me or your in the same boat as me! I have been've getting a bluescreen and the root cause of it or the reason I get on the bluescreen was due to the keyboard. I have researched how to solve it and just saw that I...
  3. Gaming Laptop bluescreening due to keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming Laptop bluescreening due to keyboard: Hello, thank you for clicking on this and maybe trying to help me or your in the same boat as me! I have been've getting a bluescreen and the root cause of it or the reason I get on the bluescreen was due to the keyboard. I have researched how to solve it and just saw that I...
  4. Sketchy HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sketchy HDD: So recently I got an old computer from my auntI pulled out the hard drive and see a burn mark on the stickerwhile in bios, I plugged it into the motherboard, and everything start behaving weirdthe screen flickering with all kinds of color and stuck in a boot loopI pulled out...
  5. Sketchy HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sketchy HDD: So recently I got an old computer from my auntI pulled out the hard drive and see a burn mark on the stickerwhile in bios, I plugged it into the motherboard, and everything start behaving weirdthe screen flickering with all kinds of color and stuck in a boot loopI pulled out...
  6. What's Going On Here? Sketchy Program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's Going On Here? Sketchy Program?: [IMG] Was not sure where to go with this. Figured I'd give Reddit a shot. Does anyone have any idea why a program would need to run like this? No other program I have on my pc does this and I have never seen a program do this before. They all just start under explorer....
  7. Sketchy hidden console

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sketchy hidden console: Hi, I'm sorry if this is not posted in the right category, however I am not sure exactly which correspond to my request, tried my best. Since a few days, I've noticed a weird "icon" on my desktop. I quoted "icon", cause it is not one plus I don't display them. When I hover...
  8. Keyboard not working in certain programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard not working in certain programs: My laptop keyboard doesn’t work in some parts. For example when trying to type in my wifi password nothing happens, when trying to type in windows search or passwords in any apps. It works fine in browsers and everywhere else but whenever I’m trying to put a password...
  9. Sketchy Programs that I did not see before

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sketchy Programs that I did not see before: [ATTACH] In the screenshot here, I see newly installed programs from today and I downloaded two to four programs into my computer for gaming but changed my mind so now I'm wondering if I should trust the C++ programs or not. Because these occurred on the same date as the...
  10. Keyboard not working in some applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard not working in some applications: Whilst I can use the keyboard and type in applications such as File explorer, Word, Outlook and Excel it does not work on anything else such as Messenger. (This is after I have introduced upgrades for McAfee and Dell products.) I am new to windows 10 and therefore I am a...