Windows 10: Laptop Keyboard Not Working

Discus and support Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the same problem with my Asus laptop keyboard not working in Windows 10 Home after the latest update. I have tried everything that is suggested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterLouw, Nov 29, 2020.

1. PeterLouw Win User

Laptop Keyboard Not Working

I have the same problem with my Asus laptop keyboard not working in Windows 10 Home after the latest update. I have tried everything that is suggested on this forum and others, plus my own searches, yet nothing has resolved the problem. When I am inside a game the keyboard works fine, it's just when I'm in a desktop environment that it doesn't work. Sometimes it works but there is substantial lag before the letters appear. This is not a hardware problem, have also done a sfc /scannow and DISM but the problem remains. This is clearly a windows 10 driver that needs to be updated/patched.

:)

PeterLouw, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Laptop Keyboard Not Working

Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Keyboard Not Working

1. Laptop Keyboard Not Working - Similar Threads - Laptop Keyboard Working

2. Keyboard in laptop is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard in laptop is not working: The keyboard is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-in-laptop-is-not-working/50662c16-775b-411b-a872-b3808baa9648
  3. Laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard not working: I have a problem with my windows 10 Asus X553MA laptop that it happens to me at random that my laptop keyboard doesn't work and I can't type with it when I start keyboard troubleshoot it tells me that the text framework is not running can someone help me solve this problem...
  4. Laptop keyboard not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard not working.: So i had the windows down sitting in my car on my laptop, i was using the w=house wifi there for i had to use it close to the car window, water got on top of my laptop but i figured it be ok so i wiped it off with my shirt, few minutes laptop i got back on my laptop but the...
  5. laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop keyboard not working: laptop keyboard not working after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-not-working/5bc3090c-a6cb-448a-b58c-0fff5d165488
  6. Laptop Keyboard not Working!

Laptop Keyboard not Working!: Hello I'm a window 10 enterprise user.I need help from last three days my keyboard is not working.I have a laptop of hp Company.I tried going out of window and testing out if the problem was of hardware or any internal and in boot menu my keyboard worked fine but inside...
  7. laptop keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop keyboard is not working: The MyAsus Live Update tried to update my keyboard but it keeps failing and now my keyboard is disabled. The keyboard firmware update tool says there are no available keyboard firmware in the update folder. How do I re-enable my keyboard to use it again?...
  8. Laptop Keyboard not working

Laptop Keyboard not working: Hi, I am using Acer E machine with Vista as OS. When I start laptop the keyboard doesn't type any letter. I select a user profile without password to login. I use alt+Ctrl+Del to lock the system and then select a profile to login again. This time the keyboard starts...
  9. Laptop keyboard not working

Laptop keyboard not working: Laptop keyboard not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-not-working/c840bae0-a5dd-4528-8895-acea5abc89a3
  10. Keyboard on laptop not working

Keyboard on laptop not working: My laptop tried to install an update but it didn't work so it automatically reverted back to the current version, but now my keyboard doesn't work. I checked the device manager and there's a code 19 error that says that the confirmation info in the registry is incomplete or...