Windows 10: Laptop keyboard ps/2

Discus and support Laptop keyboard ps/2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One of the keys on my laptop became defective. This affected the keyboard operation. I therefore obtained a usb keyboard thet works perfect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Errol Massey-Hicks IB, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Laptop keyboard ps/2

One of the keys on my laptop became defective. This affected the keyboard operation. I therefore obtained a usb keyboard thet works perfect. Unfortunately during bootup and while working, the internal keyboard seems to interfere, so much, that sometimes I have to switch off. It got worse with time.

I now want to PERMANENTLY uninstall the laptop keyboard (uninstall drivers?). The method advised by a number of websites, using the device manager does not work, because Windows reinstalls the drivers at every startup.

Please advise.

EIBMH

:)

Errol Massey-Hicks IB, Feb 15, 2019

2. PS/2 keyboard not working

Question:- does a laptop keyboard use PS/2 interface or other?

My problem:- PS/2 desktop keyboard has stopped working; reseated PS/2 connection - same problem. The computer knows when keys are pressed because the speakers issue a click BUT characters aren't forthcoming.

WORKAROUND

Start the virtual keyboard and hey-presto - the physical keyboard springs into life (you can tell because the caps-lock light suddenly starts working.)

Really weird. The PS/2 mouse is fine. To cut our losses I'll try a USB keyboard tomorrow.

Computerabber, Feb 15, 2019
  3. PS/2 keyboard not working

I thank you for your quick response. I have tried all methods suggested by you but none was helpful. Anyway thank you very much.

SanjayDalal, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Laptop keyboard ps/2

PS/2 keyboard not working

Hi Sanjay,

Follow the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type "Troubleshooting" in the Search box from the desktop and click "Troubleshooting".

• Click on "View all" from the left pane and select "Hardware and Devices".
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Uninstall keyboard driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 3: Update the driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software

Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

• Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps.

Divya Murugan, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Laptop keyboard ps/2

1. Laptop keyboard ps/2 - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard

2. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts: I've encountered a persistent problem with my laptop's keyboard, where it seems to type on its own accord, generating random characters and inputs without any manual intervention. Here's a rundown of what I've tried so far:- Initially, I attempted disconnecting the internal...
  3. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts: I've encountered a persistent problem with my laptop's keyboard, where it seems to type on its own accord, generating random characters and inputs without any manual intervention. Here's a rundown of what I've tried so far:- Initially, I attempted disconnecting the internal...
  4. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  6. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  7. New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops: I recently bought a new Microsoft Arc keyboard which worked well for a week. It suddenly stopped working on a windows 11 laptop. I even tried on a different windows 10 laptop but the keyboard is not working on either.The keyboard is recognised on both laptops, drivers are...
  8. New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops

New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops: I recently bought a new Microsoft Arc keyboard which worked well for a week. It suddenly stopped working on a windows 11 laptop. I even tried on a different windows 10 laptop but the keyboard is not working on either.The keyboard is recognised on both laptops, drivers are...
  9. New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop

strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop: Hi all I have a problem with the integrated keyboard of my laptop. When I push "T" or "Y" or "è" or few many other buttons, the "DEL"button is pushed together. It a driver or windows problem?many thanksbest regards...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop suddenlly thinks ps/2 keyboard is usb