Windows 10: Laptop keyboard randomly lags(?)

Discus and support Laptop keyboard randomly lags(?) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title states the keyboard of my laptop randomly stops working and there doesn't seem to be a pattern on when this happens as well. The mouse and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dust10, May 4, 2021.

1. dust10 Win User

Laptop keyboard randomly lags(?)

As the title states the keyboard of my laptop randomly stops working and there doesn't seem to be a pattern on when this happens as well. The mouse and everything else works though. I say lag because it stops working, but when you plug in an external keyboard everything that you've been typing when it lagged just suddenly starts inputting rapidly (like when a game lags the screen freezes then when it comes back to normal everything fast forwards to the present). If the keyboard really died I don't think it should behave this way. Anyone know on why this happens and a way to fix it? I don't always bring an external keyboard with me so when it happens during that time I have no option but to restart... And yes W10 & all the drivers are updated to the latest version. No viruses/malware either from scans.

:)

dust10, May 4, 2021
  2. dust10 Win User

As the title states the keyboard of my laptop randomly stops working and there doesn't seem to be a pattern on when this happens as well. The mouse and everything else works though. I say lag because it stops working, but when you plug in an external keyboard everything that you've been typing when it lagged just suddenly starts inputting rapidly (like when a game lags the screen freezes then when it comes back to normal everything fast forwards to the present). If the keyboard really died I don't think it should behave this way.

Anyone know on why this happens and a way to fix it? I don't always bring an external keyboard with me so when it happens during that time I have no option but to restart... And yes W10 & all the drivers are updated to the latest version. No viruses/malware either from scans.

dust10, May 4, 2021
  3. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, May 4, 2021
  4. RageAceYT Win User

Laptop randomly lags

As mentioned in the title, my 2 year old laptop has started to lag randomly, and it does not revert back to normal by itself. A few weeks ago this happened too but it was easily fixed by doing a forced restart. But now, even with a forced restart, it starts
    lagging, even on startup.

My performance settings are on best performance. I tried clean boot, it's still lagging upon startup. Any solutions would be appreciated.

RageAceYT, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop keyboard randomly lags(?) - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard randomly

2. Random stuck / lag in keyboard when playing online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random stuck / lag in keyboard when playing online: My question is almost identical to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-stuck-lag-in-keyboard-when-playing-online/82b20e72-f5c6-456f-96c0-050e7470095d except I am using a wired keyboard and having the same input delays. Random stuck / lag in keyboard...
  3. keyboard lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard lag: my keyboard input is lagging. while playing games i'll hold a key for a second or two, or even tap it, and the game acts like i'm holding the key down for an extra 3 or more seconds. it just happened while switching between tabs, my character ran in a circle, even though my...
  4. keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard lag: my keyboard input is lagging. while playing games i'll hold a key for a second or two, or even tap it, and the game acts like i'm holding the key down for an extra 3 or more seconds. it just happened while switching between tabs, my character ran in a circle, even though my...
  5. Keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag: Whenever i press certain keys my keyboard starts to lag, as if i'm constantly pressing tab. In command prompt the lag is different, it spams "^z" constantly. Any idea on how to solve the issue?Lag does not happen in games....
  6. random mouse lag/keyboard lag and other issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    random mouse lag/keyboard lag and other issues.: So just very recently i've began to notice a few things that are annoying me that hadnt been an issue before. My mouse sometimes stops/lags for a slight second almost like there is a bad spot on my mousepad that the infrared gets disrupted but this is not the case i get the...
  7. Keyboard will lag behind and hold down keys randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard will lag behind and hold down keys randomly: My keyboard has been acting up for the past 2 weeks or so. Even when the computer isn't under a heavy load sometimes randomly it will hold down a key i was trying to type with. This is not happening with my actual keyboard it seems more like a software problem. Usually...
  8. Laptop randomly lags

Laptop randomly lags: As mentioned in the title, my 2 year old laptop has started to lag randomly, and it does not revert back to normal by itself. A few weeks ago this happened too but it was easily fixed by doing a forced restart. But now, even with a forced restart, it starts lagging, even on...
  9. Random stuck / lag in keyboard when playing online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random stuck / lag in keyboard when playing online: Hi, I'm desperately opening this thread hoping that someone can help with an annoying problem that I've been experiencing since I bought my new PC. I've found more people on the internet experiencing similar issues so I think this is not exclusive to me, but the problem was...
  10. Random Lag

Random Lag: 2 days ago, my computer just started running like 10x slower than before. Games run horrible, things open very slowly, bringing up taskbar is stuttery. this has never happened to me before and I have always been able to run games fast until now. Need help. Specs: GTX 1070...