Windows 10: laptop keyboard stopped working windows 10

Discus and support laptop keyboard stopped working windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; laptop keyboard stopped working and new one did not fix the issue. the shift and function keys work. I expect that it has something to do with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomwoolsey, Sep 4, 2018.

1. laptop keyboard stopped working windows 10

laptop keyboard stopped working and new one did not fix the issue. the shift and function keys work. I expect that it has something to do with language.

:)

tomwoolsey, Sep 4, 2018
  2. vmishka Win User

Keyboard stopped working under Windows 10

I have an iMac dual booting Mac OSX and Windows 10 under Bootcamp. I have the normal iMac wireless keyboard.

Windows has been running normally for several years since the day I got the computer. Windows 10 has been running normally since the day I was able to automatically download it in August.

Today, my keyboard stopped working under Windows 10. I am writing this from the Mac side. The keyboard works perfectly and the battery power is 100% under Mac OSX.

When I boot to my Windows partition (which is the default) I have to use the keyboard to sign-in under Windows. The keyboard works fine for sign-in! Then, as soon as I get to my desktop, the keyboard stops working entirely. No key produces a letter. The cursor doesn't move. I hear a click in my headset when a key is pressed, but nothing happens.

The mouse works. If I reach the hardware and devices portion of the control panel, as far as I can tell things the keyboard device says it is working properly. I remember a wireless keyboard listed and a bluetooth keyboard and something called an HID device. Windows reports that they are working properly. I managed to open the troubleshooter using the mouse only and it couldn't find a problem.

I have turned the computer off and on several times.

Would someone be so kind as to suggest how I can find and fix the problem.

Thank you.

vmishka, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

laptop keyboard stopped working windows 10

Laptop keys stopped working

Hi Lindax,

There are several possible reasons why your Windows 10 laptop keys stopped working. It can be because of hardware or driver issues.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For troubleshooting steps to help resolve keyboard issues, you can refer to the article on this

link

Additionally, you can run Windows Defender or any 3rd party antivirus to check and delete possible malware.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

laptop keyboard stopped working windows 10

1. laptop keyboard stopped working windows 10 - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard stopped

2. Laptop keyboard randomly stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard randomly stops working.: My laptop keyboard randomly stops working. The only way to get it back to work is by a hard reset press the power button to shut off the laptop or navigate in the system and press shut down. The it will work for an undetermined amount of time it could be few minutes, hours,...
  3. Laptop keyboard randomly stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard randomly stops working.: My laptop keyboard randomly stops working. The only way to get it back to work is by a hard reset press the power button to shut off the laptop or navigate in the system and press shut down. The it will work for an undetermined amount of time it could be few minutes, hours,...
  4. Laptop keyboard stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard stops working.: Hello, My lenovo laptops keyboard stops working after a few minutes. When i restart, it works again and then stops after few minutes.When i connect an external usb keyboard that works fine.Any possible reason/solution?I've already tried famous fixes such as driver...
  5. Laptop keyboard stops working.

Laptop keyboard stops working.: Hello, My lenovo laptops keyboard stops working after a few minutes. When i restart, it works again and then stops after few minutes.When i connect an external usb keyboard that works fine.Any possible reason/solution?I've already tried famous fixes such as driver...
  6. Laptop Keyboard Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Stops Working: Hi everybody,IT'S URGENT.My laptop keyboard stopped working. Some keys are not working at all. This is an issue a very BIG issue. Could anybody help me fix it??I have also googled how to fix this issue, tried doing everything, all the steps they said. But it is not working at...
  7. Laptop Keyboard Stops Working

Laptop Keyboard Stops Working: Hi everybody,IT'S URGENT.My laptop keyboard stopped working. Some keys are not working at all. This is an issue a very BIG issue. Could anybody help me fix it??I have also googled how to fix this issue, tried doing everything, all the steps they said. But it is not working at...
  8. Laptop's Keyboard stopped working completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop's Keyboard stopped working completely: I was working on my computer it was working well till last night.Some days earlier my touchpad and keyboard both were behaving abnormally but I found that problem was in Mice and other pointing device's driver so I just disabled it and my problem was resolved. But I don't...
  9. Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates: After installing the updates in Windows 10, my laptop (HP Pavillion n012tx) keyboard stopped working. The hardware seems fine as I'm able to access my keyboard in boot menu and tested it with trying Ubuntu, where keyboard worked fine. I installed windows over previous...
  10. laptop keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keyboard stopped working: my Windows 10 laptop keyboard stopped working, how do i fix it? it is the built-in keyboard, not a peripheral. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-stopped-working/5c321f64-21f0-4847-8810-1214c02df5fb