Windows 10: Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys

Discus and support Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop keyboard is typing double letters on certain keys An example: t is t5, y is y6, [ is [-, and ] is ]\. Is there anyway to fix that problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dillmatt09, Dec 2, 2019 at 5:48 PM.

1. Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys

My laptop keyboard is typing double letters on certain keys

An example: t is t5, y is y6, [ is [-, and ] is ]\.

Is there anyway to fix that problem?

:)

2. Windows 10 laptop keyboard typing double letters / wrong letters

Hi!

My keyboard is typing incorrectly for some reaso Some letters just move the curser up (the letter 'u') and the arrow keys type letters, also the number keys type additional letters! I've tried function + numlock and resetting language but nothing works.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks

Lynsey Le Keux, Dec 2, 2019 at 6:28 PM
  3. My laptop keyboard wont type certain letters sometime

I'm using Lenovo y520 with windows 10 home os, I don't know why sometimes my keyboard won't type certain letters for sudden

vincenthartantoo, Dec 2, 2019 at 6:28 PM
  4. Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys

Keyboard won't let me type double letters, and other problems

SYSTEM:

Lenovo Edge 15 Laptop

Windows 10 (latest version)

HOW THE KEYBOARD ACTS:

My keyboard won't let me type the same letter twice. It's as if the key "sticks" until I hit a different key. For instance, to type "letter", I had to hit the Delete button between the two t's. This also applies to arrow keys, backspace, etc.

The reason I think the keys are "sticking" is that when I try to play games, if I hit a key once it will act as if that key is being held down. Also when I hit Ctrl and then try to scroll on a webpage, the page will zoom in and out (as if Ctrl is being held
    down) until I hit another key. And a couple more issues like this.

If I hold a key down, after a moment it will start to repeat the letter. Afterwards when I hold that same letter down it will repetitively type that letter for the duration of the key press, without needing to be held down for a moment.

If I hold another key down while typing I'm able to type double letters, but this is an unrealistic fix.

I don't believe it's a hardware issue, since it's happening to every single key. I haven't spilled anything on the keyboard or damaged it in any way. I don't have an external USB keyboard to test with, however, so it's not beyond possibility.

Sorry if the description is confusing, it's hard to capture without visuals.

Typing normally: This is what it loks like when I type normaly on this keyboard.

Typing while holding down shift: I"M ABLE TO REPEAT LETTERS BUT THIS ISN"T A GOOD FIX.

WHEN THIS STARTED HAPPENING:

My keyboard was working fine previously. I didn't use it for about two weeks since I was busy with a move. During that time I stored it (safely) in a backpack. When I opened it back up the keyboard issue had started. I have no idea what could have happened,
    since I wasn't using it. I've had this issue for about a week now.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

I tried turning the laptop off and on again, of course.

Filter Keys is OFF, but I tried turning Filter Keys on and back off anyway. Sticky Keys and etc. are also OFF.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard drivers, updating them, etc.

I tried resetting the default language, since this also resets the keyboard.

I tried fiddling with the Keyboard settings under Control Panel.

I tried running the Device troubleshooter.

I tried looking in the Registry editor for any strange values, but everything looked normal (so I didn't actually edit anything).

I tried resetting Windows 10 while keeping my files. No change, so I then tried resetting my computer and wiping all files just in case there was some stray Keyboard settings file or something. STILL no change.

Nothing has worked. I'm not sure what else to try, so before I go to a computer repair shop I'd like to consult the forums for any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Thema:

Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys

1. Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard typing

2. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters: Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results....
  3. keyboard typing letter 4 automatically

keyboard typing letter 4 automatically: hello, my keyboard is automatically typing letter 4.. I tried many solution but it doesn't work out...I reinstall keyboard driver, windows update, restart system and scan too.. but still cant find solution.. can anyone have any solution for this...
  4. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...
  5. Double Typing on a Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Typing on a Dell Laptop: So on Wednesday my laptop began acting really strange. Whenever I typed anything onto the google search bar it doubled typed like "Ttwwiitteerr" so I used Firefox and it did the same thing however I noticed that it did not do that on Internet Explorer or Word. I already...
  6. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...
  7. No letters come up while typing on keyboard laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No letters come up while typing on keyboard laptop.: No letters are coming up while I type...the cursor is there..and moves. I have to use the onscreen keyboard to type.........which is highly annoying. cannot sign in without onscreen keyboard....
  8. Keyboard is typing two letters at once.

Keyboard is typing two letters at once.: Hi, Yesterday I was sitting on laptop and my keyboard started acting up really weirdly. My keyboard started typing two letters at once except for C, X, B , N, M and Z. If I typed Q then 2Q would come up, H would then be YH, and so on ... Do you know what made my...
  9. Keyboard types double letters even after fresh install

Keyboard types double letters even after fresh install: So I had one hard drive break on me, so I switched to the hard drive from my old laptop which had this same issue, but I figured it was just the flimsy internal keyboard. I tried to just make it all work, however it was too bloated, so I did a fresh install. Even in the...
  10. Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard.

Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard.: I am uncertain as to what cause this to happen but my prt sc, plus/equals button and delete key not working. I know that the keyboard is still working because for a brief period I had gotten all of these buttons to function again however Pressing the Prt SC button does not do...