Windows 10: Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys

Discus and support Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop keyboard is typing double letters on certain keys An example: t is t5, y is y6, [ is [-, and ] is ]\. Is there anyway to fix that problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dillmatt09, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys

My laptop keyboard is typing double letters on certain keys

An example: t is t5, y is y6, [ is [-, and ] is ]\.

Is there anyway to fix that problem?

:)

dillmatt09, Dec 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 laptop keyboard typing double letters / wrong letters

Hi!

My keyboard is typing incorrectly for some reaso Some letters just move the curser up (the letter 'u') and the arrow keys type letters, also the number keys type additional letters! I've tried function + numlock and resetting language but nothing works.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks

Lynsey Le Keux, Dec 2, 2019
  3. My laptop keyboard wont type certain letters sometime

I'm using Lenovo y520 with windows 10 home os, I don't know why sometimes my keyboard won't type certain letters for sudden

vincenthartantoo, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys

Keyboard won't let me type double letters, and other problems

SYSTEM:

Lenovo Edge 15 Laptop

Windows 10 (latest version)

HOW THE KEYBOARD ACTS:

My keyboard won't let me type the same letter twice. It's as if the key "sticks" until I hit a different key. For instance, to type "letter", I had to hit the Delete button between the two t's. This also applies to arrow keys, backspace, etc.

The reason I think the keys are "sticking" is that when I try to play games, if I hit a key once it will act as if that key is being held down. Also when I hit Ctrl and then try to scroll on a webpage, the page will zoom in and out (as if Ctrl is being held
    down) until I hit another key. And a couple more issues like this.

If I hold a key down, after a moment it will start to repeat the letter. Afterwards when I hold that same letter down it will repetitively type that letter for the duration of the key press, without needing to be held down for a moment.

If I hold another key down while typing I'm able to type double letters, but this is an unrealistic fix.

I don't believe it's a hardware issue, since it's happening to every single key. I haven't spilled anything on the keyboard or damaged it in any way. I don't have an external USB keyboard to test with, however, so it's not beyond possibility.

Sorry if the description is confusing, it's hard to capture without visuals.

Typing normally: This is what it loks like when I type normaly on this keyboard.

Typing while holding down shift: I"M ABLE TO REPEAT LETTERS BUT THIS ISN"T A GOOD FIX.

WHEN THIS STARTED HAPPENING:

My keyboard was working fine previously. I didn't use it for about two weeks since I was busy with a move. During that time I stored it (safely) in a backpack. When I opened it back up the keyboard issue had started. I have no idea what could have happened,
    since I wasn't using it. I've had this issue for about a week now.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

I tried turning the laptop off and on again, of course.

Filter Keys is OFF, but I tried turning Filter Keys on and back off anyway. Sticky Keys and etc. are also OFF.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard drivers, updating them, etc.

I tried resetting the default language, since this also resets the keyboard.

I tried fiddling with the Keyboard settings under Control Panel.

I tried running the Device troubleshooter.

I tried looking in the Registry editor for any strange values, but everything looked normal (so I didn't actually edit anything).

I tried resetting Windows 10 while keeping my files. No change, so I then tried resetting my computer and wiping all files just in case there was some stray Keyboard settings file or something. STILL no change.

Nothing has worked. I'm not sure what else to try, so before I go to a computer repair shop I'd like to consult the forums for any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Person 999, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys

1. Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard typing

2. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard types extra letters: Hello,Yesterday i had no issues with my laptop. Today i opened it up and couldnt type my pin. After some time I managed to do it with external keyboard. Every time i type a letter the letter types but also leters: a *space* osrs. So if i type "j" i get ja osrs. I reinstalled...
  3. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard types extra letters: Hello,Yesterday i had no issues with my laptop. Today i opened it up and couldnt type my pin. After some time I managed to do it with external keyboard. Every time i type a letter the letter types but also leters: a *space* osrs. So if i type "j" i get ja osrs. I reinstalled...
  4. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once: whenever i press "q a z" it types "wq sa xz" and same happends for "w s x" ,even my numbers and esc are doing the same thing, its only the last 2 columns of keys on the left of my keyboard and its not chatteringis it bc it was downloading some thing from steam but paused it...
  6. Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once: whenever i press "q a z" it types "wq sa xz" and same happends for "w s x" ,even my numbers and esc are doing the same thing, its only the last 2 columns of keys on the left of my keyboard and its not chatteringis it bc it was downloading some thing from steam but paused it...
  7. Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once

8. Chinese Keyboard Won't Type Certain Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese Keyboard Won't Type Certain Letters: The Chinese Keyboard in language settings won't let me type certain letters such as X, I, U, V so I'm not able to type out certain words such as "xia"...
  9. Keyboard typing double keys.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing double keys.: I'm having issues with my keyboard. Pressing certain keys types two keys. The key combos that do this are "v and g" gv "b and h" hb, and "m and spacebar" m . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-double-keys/a7ed0c21-0891-48c2-ab52-3e73329bd764
  10. Keyboard types double letters even after fresh install

Keyboard types double letters even after fresh install: So I had one hard drive break on me, so I switched to the hard drive from my old laptop which had this same issue, but I figured it was just the flimsy internal keyboard. I tried to just make it all work, however it was too bloated, so I did a fresh install. Even in the...