Windows 10: LAPTOP KEYBOARD

Discus and support LAPTOP KEYBOARD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My keyboard on my Windows 10 HP laptop hasn't been letting me use, the left shift bar, space bar and the letters Z, X, C, and V. It's driving me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EmmaLee666, Dec 17, 2018.

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD

Hi,

My keyboard on my Windows 10 HP laptop hasn't been letting me use, the left shift bar, space bar and the letters Z, X, C, and V.

It's driving me nuts using a virtual keyboard.

I have run all tests possible, including HP and Windows tests.

They all claim that it is working fine but it is not.

Trying to get anything from HP other than the virtual help lady (she's stupid), is impossible.

I don't know what to do...

:)

EmmaLee666, Dec 17, 2018

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 17, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

LAPTOP KEYBOARD

n-ster, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

LAPTOP KEYBOARD

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD - Similar Threads - LAPTOP KEYBOARD

2. New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops: I recently bought a new Microsoft Arc keyboard which worked well for a week. It suddenly stopped working on a windows 11 laptop. I even tried on a different windows 10 laptop but the keyboard is not working on either.The keyboard is recognised on both laptops, drivers are...
  3. New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops: I recently bought a new Microsoft Arc keyboard which worked well for a week. It suddenly stopped working on a windows 11 laptop. I even tried on a different windows 10 laptop but the keyboard is not working on either.The keyboard is recognised on both laptops, drivers are...
  4. New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop: Hi all I have a problem with the integrated keyboard of my laptop. When I push "T" or "Y" or "è" or few many other buttons, the "DEL"button is pushed together. It a driver or windows problem?many thanksbest regards...
  6. strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop

strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop: Hi all I have a problem with the integrated keyboard of my laptop. When I push "T" or "Y" or "è" or few many other buttons, the "DEL"button is pushed together. It a driver or windows problem?many thanksbest regards...
  7. strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?: I recently just spilled around about a quarter cup of water on my laptop. I did the normal things like turn it off and flip it into a pyramid, however I have not gotten the battery out as I dont know how too.. After 10 minutes I tried to turn it on but it didn't work. The...
  9. I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?

I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?: I recently just spilled around about a quarter cup of water on my laptop. I did the normal things like turn it off and flip it into a pyramid, however I have not gotten the battery out as I dont know how too.. After 10 minutes I tried to turn it on but it didn't work. The...
  10. I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging