Windows 10: Laptop keys not working

Discus and support Laptop keys not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, I have a very disturbing issue with my laptop. This has been bothering me for months now, and I am unsure how to proceed. I can not go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eddasaurus, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Laptop keys not working

Good morning,

I have a very disturbing issue with my laptop. This has been bothering me for months now, and I am unsure how to proceed. I can not go out physically to fix it because of the pandemic, and so I need your full support. My ESC key does not work, neither do my F1-12 keys. The number pad keys do not work either. On a frustation 1-10 scale it is quite surely, an 8. I am confused and have been looking everywhere online for a solution but cannot seem to find one.

TLDR;

Esc key, F1-F12 keys, & number pad do not work.
    This happened suddenly, and I am not sure why.

:)

Eddasaurus, Mar 9, 2021

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Mar 9, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Laptop keys not working

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Laptop keys not working

1. Laptop keys not working - Similar Threads - Laptop keys working

2. Some keys on my laptop are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keys on my laptop are not working.: Hello,I have encountered a problem where some keys on my laptop's keyboard don't work, but this issue only occurs when the laptop gets heated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-on-my-laptop-are-not-working/8e76c196-41d3-4739-a55b-4c963b37e73f
  3. laptop keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop keys not working: half of the keys on my keyboard are not working only the keys in the middle row and some function keys are working while others are not working what should I do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keys-not-working/88c870f1-0a15-4676-a894-14be1c697c4e
  4. laptop keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop keys not working: half of the keys on my keyboard are not working only the keys in the middle row and some function keys are working while others are not working what should I do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keys-not-working/88c870f1-0a15-4676-a894-14be1c697c4e
  5. Some of my laptop keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some of my laptop keys are not working: Hi guys, some of my laptop keys stopped working, I've tried all the standard solutions like updating drivers, uninstallng drivers, I even clean installed windows 10 from 11. I feel like there might be something wrong in registry as there is upperfilters in keyboard section by...
  6. Some of my laptop keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my laptop keys are not working: Hi guys, some of my laptop keys stopped working, I've tried all the standard solutions like updating drivers, uninstallng drivers, I even clean installed windows 10 from 11. I feel like there might be something wrong in registry as there is upperfilters in keyboard section by...
  7. laptop key does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop key does not work: i buy a brand new laptop of asus with windows 10 pre installed,but after 4 month of use my "x" button does not work,and when work its goes to auto pressing mode,Eample:- when i press singel "x" its print link "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....",then i check my keyboard with online...
  8. laptop key does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop key does not work: 4 month ago i buy a brand new laptop of asus with windows 10 pre installed,but after 4 month of usemy "x" button does not work,and when work its goes to auto pressing mode,Eample:- when i press singel "x" its print link "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....",then i check my keyboard with...
  9. Laptop keybord key not working propely

Laptop keybord key not working propely: Hi! my inverted comma key is not working properly from yesterday after I visited service center for installing antivirus. what might be the reason? can someone please help me out.....
  10. Some keys on my laptop are not working

Some keys on my laptop are not working: I just got a new laptop and the keys k, I, the space bar, the backspace key, and the comma key are not working. And whenever I type L this happens;l. I was able to type this up since the screen is touch screen, but I would strongly prefer to use the keyboard....