Windows 10: Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in

Discus and support Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having issues with my laptop. Whenever I'm doing something like playing a videogame or watching videos, and I unplug my laptop charger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Krackies, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Krackies Win User

Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in

Hello, I've been having issues with my laptop. Whenever I'm doing something like playing a videogame or watching videos, and I unplug my laptop charger while doing it, it begins to lag heavily. I've tried going into power options and changing my Intel Graphic settings, but that didn't work. Any suggestions? not really sure what category to put this into, so i more or less chose at random.

* Moved from Mobile Devices

* OS not specified

:)

Krackies, Dec 31, 2020

2. Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

Hi,

I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when
    i plugged in charger it's lagging again. and when i restart the system, it's works fine again. i can't found any fix of this. i know this is caused from battery management, but i tried a lot of steps for this. but i can't stop this problem.. if anyone knows
    the fix. please comment the steps.

Sincerely,

David Gelkhauri.

DavidGelkhauri, Dec 31, 2020
  3. My PC lags when plugged in

We appreciate the additional information. This thread suggests performing the power troubleshooter to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane.
    • Locate Power, then click Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the prompts to complete the troubleshooter.
    Note: Perform the troubleshooter while the charger is plugged in.

To further help isolate the issue, we also suggest trying another charger on your laptop and see if helps. Sometimes, if the charger is damaged, it can cause performance issues.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in

My computer will lag out when I plug it in. (Don't know if it's the right section)

Sounds like some software is optimizing when plugged in. This would draw from your CPU causing a frame rate drop. Some programs are designed to only optimize when the laptop is plugged in.

What security software suit are you running? Can you give a list of non-windows processes when plugged in? Give it about 10 minutes plugged in before gathering the list. This will allow any program optimizations to start and bog the CPU.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his Laptop. This smells of a software issue.

TheMailMan78, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in

1. Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in - Similar Threads - Laptop lag charger

2. My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in .: My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in . I have recently changed my battery. This lagging is happening after that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-lagging-when-charger-is-not-plugged/908bf37d-17e0-4ae4-a01e-476a40ec3f68
  3. My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in .: My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in . I have recently changed my battery. This lagging is happening after that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-lagging-when-charger-is-not-plugged/908bf37d-17e0-4ae4-a01e-476a40ec3f68
  4. Laptop lags a lot when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lags a lot when charger plugged in: My laptop Hp ProBook 6470b runs good with battery but when i plug in charger it becomes very laggy.Also sometimes even after hours the charger is plugged in but battery does not charges.I have reset the bios and changed the processor state in power options but nothing worked...
  5. Laptop lags a lot when charger plugged in

Laptop lags a lot when charger plugged in: My laptop Hp ProBook 6470b runs good with battery but when i plug in charger it becomes very laggy.Also sometimes even after hours the charger is plugged in but battery does not charges.I have reset the bios and changed the processor state in power options but nothing worked...
  6. Laptop lags a lot when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in windows 11: Same problem with Krackies But in windows 11 laptop i did the same as you said Aditya_Roy but it still lags heavy when i play video games same problem same issue No idea which topic i put so i put in performance and system failures...
  8. Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in windows 11

Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in windows 11: Same problem with Krackies But in windows 11 laptop i did the same as you said Aditya_Roy but it still lags heavy when i play video games same problem same issue No idea which topic i put so i put in performance and system failures...
  9. Lag When Charger Plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag When Charger Plugged: how do i fix when charger plug in it cause my laptop to lag this started happening yesterday im sure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-charger-plugged/08cfc4af-f10d-486a-80cc-1bbc87b910a4
  10. Lag When Charger Plugged

Lag When Charger Plugged: how do i fix when charger plug in it cause my laptop to lag this started happening yesterday im sure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-charger-plugged/08cfc4af-f10d-486a-80cc-1bbc87b910a4