Windows 10: Laptop lagging after system restore

Discus and support Laptop lagging after system restore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I bought a new laptop and I had created a restore point if something happens then I was playing fortnite and download something's to speed it up, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ecstatic_Difference4, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Laptop lagging after system restore

So I bought a new laptop and I had created a restore point if something happens then I was playing fortnite and download something's to speed it up, as I did it I thought hmm I don't really like that and then activated my restore point, it was doing a system restore and I got impatient and tried to reboot it as I did I was holding the power button to shut it down, it did shutdown and I pressed the power button it start it, as it was starting I noticed that the restore was still happening and after the restore I restarted the laptop and after 2-3 days it started to lag, opening chrome slow and lagging, and still to this day it's lagging, please help me I cannot do my online classes and my exams are going to start.

submitted by /u/Ecstatic_Difference4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ecstatic_Difference4, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 9, 2021
  3. ken1943 Win User
    System Restore Not Working On A Laptop

Two desktops have System Restore Working and Laptop is not working.

Interesting is they have a System Restore Service and the Laptop Does not.

All three had a clean install of 1607.

Suggestions ?

ken1943, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Laptop lagging after system restore

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Laptop lagging after system restore

1. Laptop lagging after system restore - Similar Threads - Laptop lagging system

2. Laptop lag after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lag after force shutdown: Basically while i was playing a game i had to force shutdown the game since it froze, after trying to open my laptop again its way to laggy, i also notice it since the browser rakes way too long to load and some games including Valorant, Minecraft, etc. gets to 1fps then...
  3. My laptop is lagging very hard from a system restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is lagging very hard from a system restore point: My laptop is lagging very hard from a system restore point and I am now stuck in an endless loop of system recovery that does nothing!* Original title: Can you please help me?...
  4. Laptop jammed AFTER succesful system restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop jammed AFTER succesful system restore point: My laptop was slow and was refusing to access a number of internet sites I use regularly including my banking site! so I performed a system restore point, which I have done before on my old laptop but never the new one I am currently working on the old machine. The screen...
  5. System Restore after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore after update: I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already....
  6. No bluetooth after system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bluetooth after system restore: I have restored Windows to a previous version and lost bluetooth in the adapter list. In device Manager there is a device descriptor request error. sfc/scannow, dsim and reinstall in device-manager did not work. Before the system restore I disabled Bluetooth in the adapter...
  7. Windows 10 amd computer with a mouse lag after a system restore.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 amd computer with a mouse lag after a system restore.: So I was having some network issues after a power outage and after hours of trying to resolve the dns issue, I decided to just reset my PC to a fresh install using the built in restore feature. My specs: amd fx-6300, r9 270, 8gb ram. Now, with the same hardware, I have a...
  8. Windows 10 amd computer with a mouse lag after a system restore.

Windows 10 amd computer with a mouse lag after a system restore.: So I was having some network issues after a power outage and after hours of trying to resolve the dns issue, I decided to just reset my PC to a fresh install using the built in restore feature. My specs: amd fx-6300, r9 270, 8gb ram. Now, with the same hardware, I have a...
  9. System lagging

System lagging: My system (WX, build 18941) works very slow. Sometimes I can't even do my regular work on it. What can I do to speed it up? It's true that I haven't made a clean reinstall in the last about 2 years. Should I reset my PC? Or should I perform a clean install? Device...
  10. System Restore Not Working On A Laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Not Working On A Laptop: Two desktops have System Restore Working and Laptop is not working. Interesting is they have a System Restore Service and the Laptop Does not. All three had a clean install of 1607. Suggestions ? 77126