Windows 10: Laptop Lagging Significantly After Installing Java/Minecraft

Discus and support Laptop Lagging Significantly After Installing Java/Minecraft in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, my name is Joseph, I'm seeking assistance with a performance issue on my laptop. Problem Description.Five days ago, I installed Minecraft Java... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoeMoon1, Jul 10, 2024.

1. JoeMoon1 Win User

Laptop Lagging Significantly After Installing Java/Minecraft

Hello, my name is Joseph, I'm seeking assistance with a performance issue on my laptop. Problem Description.Five days ago, I installed Minecraft Java Edition along with Java. After playing Minecraft for a bit, I turned off my PC. Upon turning it back on, I noticed a significant decrease in performance across various applications and games. Performance Issues:- Grand Theft Auto V: - Before Java: Ran at a fixed 60 FPS with no issues on ultra settings. - After Java: Runs at 40-60 FPS with lowest settings and frequent lag spikes. - Roblox: - Before Java: Ran normally with no issues.

:)

JoeMoon1, Jul 10, 2024
  2. chompy33 Win User

Minecraft (Java) lagging?

Hello, all.

I have a Surface 3 and updated to Windows 10 yesterday. I also have the Java version of Minecraft for Windows. In Windows 8.1, I installed a mod called Optifine to eliminate lag. With that, I got about 40-60 FPS. However, now that I have Windows 10, the
    game lags like heck. I would say about 1-5 FPS... on the title screen. In game, I get lag almost all the time. I have about 26 gigs left on my surface. Should I delete some stuff to free up space, and would that make Minecraft run faster? Thanks!

PS: I have Java 1.8 64 bit.

chompy33, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Mite Suo Win User
    Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher

You can try the following steps and see whether it helps. These steps should help you perform a clean install of Minecraft.

- Uninstall the Minecraft launcher from the Settings.

- Deleted all files located at C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\([Your User Name] is the part you should replace with your user name.)

- Uninstall the Xbox App (Find it in add or remove programs setting and uninstall) and reinstall it again.

- Download the launcher and try installing Minecraft Java Edition.

Mite Suo, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Laptop Lagging Significantly After Installing Java/Minecraft

Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Laptop Lagging Significantly After Installing Java/Minecraft

1. Laptop Lagging Significantly After Installing Java/Minecraft - Similar Threads - Laptop Lagging Significantly

2. Laptop Lagging Significantly After Installing Java/Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Lagging Significantly After Installing Java/Minecraft: Hello, my name is Joseph, I'm seeking assistance with a performance issue on my laptop. Problem Description.Five days ago, I installed Minecraft Java Edition along with Java. After playing Minecraft for a bit, I turned off my PC. Upon turning it back on, I noticed a...
  3. Laptop Lagging Significantly After Installing Java/Minecraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Lagging Significantly After Installing Java/Minecraft: Hello, my name is Joseph, I'm seeking assistance with a performance issue on my laptop. Problem Description.Five days ago, I installed Minecraft Java Edition along with Java. After playing Minecraft for a bit, I turned off my PC. Upon turning it back on, I noticed a...
  4. Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher: I bought the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC bundle, and tried downloading the Minecraft Launcher from the MinecraftInstaller.exe file, but accidentally clicked "No" when asked to give permissions to the installer. From then on, I always got the error code...
  5. Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher: I bought the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC bundle, and tried downloading the Minecraft Launcher from the MinecraftInstaller.exe file, but accidentally clicked "No" when asked to give permissions to the installer. From then on, I always got the error code...
  6. Minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft java: Im having a problem where no matter how many times i reinstall minecraft or reset or repair it it just doesnt work , i use the Gamepass to play minecraft , Both java and my graphic drivers are up to date and i have tried running as administrator...
  7. Minecraft JAVA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft JAVA: So me and my brother have been trying to play Minecraft lan for a long time now and when I open the world to lan i just doesn't show up on his computer but when we make world on our iMac it does show up on his computer to connect to also when i try to connect to his realm my...
  8. Install Minecraft Java Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Minecraft Java Edition: Can you use Minecraft Java edition on a Windows 10 device or do you have to use Windows 10? Trying to get another device so me and someone else can play together but i have Java edition right now on my mac book. Thank you. ***Original title: Minecraft***...
  9. minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft java: Hi, I downloaded Minecraft for windows 10 thinking it was java edition. once downloaded I later found out that it was not java and cannot download java edition bc I cannot seem to figure out how to get rid of the windows 10 off of my computer. When I click on redeem code and...
  10. Minecraft Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java: Everytime I install Minecraft the demo pops up and says to play I have to buy the full version but I have already bought Minecraft Java and I,ve tried deleting and reinstalling but it doesn't work ....