Windows 10: Laptop lags heavily or crashes when downloading a game rom

Discus and support Laptop lags heavily or crashes when downloading a game rom in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; whenever I try download this file after a few mins when it reaches about 10% my pc starts to lag heavily including the mouse pointer, if I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomFaries, Aug 25, 2021.

1. TomFaries Win User

Laptop lags heavily or crashes when downloading a game rom

whenever I try download this file after a few mins when it reaches about 10% my pc starts to lag heavily including the mouse pointer, if I don't restart the computer then it will keep having spikes and lows in the amount of lag until a crash. to my knowledge, it is only this rom that does this. while this is happening it shows my ram as being at 99-90% but the browser is showing as using only 200ish Mb I have 8Gb, I have closed all the programmes I can so that it could have enough ram and yet this still happens. help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

TomFaries, Aug 25, 2021

2. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 25, 2021
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 25, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop lags heavily or crashes when downloading a game rom - Similar Threads - Laptop lags heavily

2. Games lagging heavily and having network issues after 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games lagging heavily and having network issues after 23h2 update: I installed the 23h2 update and my games have suddenly started having much more lag, particularly online. I have confirmed that it's not my ISP or bandwidth, and nothing else has changed on my PC. I did a fresh install under advisement from Microsoft Support for a different...
  3. Games lagging heavily and having network issues after 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games lagging heavily and having network issues after 23h2 update: I installed the 23h2 update and my games have suddenly started having much more lag, particularly online. I have confirmed that it's not my ISP or bandwidth, and nothing else has changed on my PC. I did a fresh install under advisement from Microsoft Support for a different...
  4. Laptop crashing when downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing when downloading: Need some help. My laptop crashes whenever i download anything. this could be a 20 GB game or just a small update or file of 1 MB. This seems to not be targeted on any specific website/service. It is a pain to download anything since the computer crashes 10 before working...
  5. Laptop crashing when downloading

Laptop crashing when downloading: Need some help. My laptop crashes whenever i download anything. this could be a 20 GB game or just a small update or file of 1 MB. This seems to not be targeted on any specific website/service. It is a pain to download anything since the computer crashes 10 before working...
  6. Laptop crashing when downloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games: Hello, I recently built a PC for myself, and for some reason when I download any high-capacity game, my PC starts stuttering, lagging, and my SSD usage goes to 100%. I already tried to TRIM the disk and reseat it in the NVMe slot, but it hasn’t worked. I think next I might...
  8. Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games

Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games: Hello, I recently built a PC for myself, and for some reason when I download any high-capacity game, my PC starts stuttering, lagging, and my SSD usage goes to 100%. I already tried to TRIM the disk and reseat it in the NVMe slot, but it hasn’t worked. I think next I might...
  9. Games lag when laptop isn't plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games lag when laptop isn't plugged in: When I try to play games such as Battlefield 1, FH4 and microsoft flight simulator, my games lag when not plugged in, I tried putting high performance and increasing the minimum processor state to 100% and also increasing priority but it still lags, the only way i can play...
  10. brand new laptop lags when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brand new laptop lags when gaming: I have got a thinkpad L390 yoga from my school. It is brand new but i don't know whay game lags when i'm gaming. it has intel core i5 8th gen, and i only play small games like: rivenfield etc. i turn graphics setings to low, and i also closed every other tabs. I have tryed...