Windows 10: Laptop lags when I charge it

Discus and support Laptop lags when I charge it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My game starts to lag when I put it on charge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sentoise1, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Sentoise1 Win User

Laptop lags when I charge it

My game starts to lag when I put it on charge

:)

Sentoise1, Jan 9, 2023

2. Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

attached is a pic of the internal of the laptop
    there does NOT appear to be a CMOS battery

what should my next steps be?

- fully charge existing battery and see if i remove it and install back teh next day whether its still fully charged?

- charge the battery for 18 hours to charge the internal CMOS battery?

- suggestions please as Im not sure

bartjunited, Jan 9, 2023
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop lags when I charge it pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 9, 2023
  4. Laptop lags when I charge it

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop lags when I charge it pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 9, 2023
Thema:

Laptop lags when I charge it

1. Laptop lags when I charge it - Similar Threads - Laptop lags charge

2. Lag when unplug laptop from charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag when unplug laptop from charge: So when my laptop is charge and when I am in a middle of game, I unplug it then it lags for a second and I get some fps drops for a second then goes back to normal....
  3. Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in: Hello,I've been having this problem for 2 weeks now. But, whenever I charge my laptop it starts lagging. I've tried many things like changing power management but it doesn't work. I've switched chargers but all the chargers I use have the same problem with this laptop. So, if...
  4. Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in

Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in: Hello,I've been having this problem for 2 weeks now. But, whenever I charge my laptop it starts lagging. I've tried many things like changing power management but it doesn't work. I've switched chargers but all the chargers I use have the same problem with this laptop. So, if...
  5. Lagging when charging and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging when charging and not charging: I have a windows 11 HP laptop. I also usually play games like GTA 5 or etc. I usually have 60-70 fps which is fine. The issue starts when I start to plug my charger. It lags like hell down to literal 1fps. Then when I unplug it, it goes back to 60-70 fps but after a few mins...
  6. Lagging when charging and not charging

Lagging when charging and not charging: I have a windows 11 HP laptop. I also usually play games like GTA 5 or etc. I usually have 60-70 fps which is fine. The issue starts when I start to plug my charger. It lags like hell down to literal 1fps. Then when I unplug it, it goes back to 60-70 fps but after a few mins...
  7. Laptop lags when I charge it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lags when I charge it: My game starts to lag when I put it on charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-lags-when-i-charge-it/dd6e5cb7-641f-4af7-83c9-80c21c3ef6c1
  8. Laptop lags when I charge it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lags when I charge it: My game starts to lag when I put it on charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-lags-when-i-charge-it/dd6e5cb7-641f-4af7-83c9-80c21c3ef6c1
  9. Laptop is lagging, and audio distorts when not charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is lagging, and audio distorts when not charging.: So I got an Acer Nitro 5 about 2 months ago, and its been working fine until recently. In the morning I decided to try and clean my cpu fans, and when I got back I booted up my laptop, and I noticed it was super slow, and whenever I played a game or watched a video the audio...
  10. laptop lags when charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop lags when charging: hi, recently I've been experiencing a problem with my laptop - whenever I put it on charge it lags.I've tried multiple forums, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series, but it runs windows 10, and it has been doing htis for quite...