Windows 10: Laptop lags when using wifi

Discus and support Laptop lags when using wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone! My ASUS Zenbook UX305F running Windows 10 Build 19042.746 lags when using wifi. When I looked at the Task Manager, whenever Windows lags... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gsalinas22, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Laptop lags when using wifi

Hi everyone!

My ASUS Zenbook UX305F running Windows 10 Build 19042.746 lags when using wifi. When I looked at the Task Manager, whenever Windows lags the CPU strikes to 100% then back to the normal. After the lag, the wifi connection will be off and sometimes the Wifi toggle at the action center will be gone too. But, when I use ethernet, there are no issues. My laptop has the following specs.

Wifi card: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7265.

RAM: 4GB

CPU: Intel Core M-5Y10c CPU @ 0.80GHz

Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 - OS Build 19042.746

I tried disconnecting/connecting the internal wifi card and the problem still persists. Right now, I am using ethernet to connect to the internet and as soon as I use wifi, it's either the wifi toggle will be gone from the action center or the settings app, or the wifi will get disconnected. Also, I have the WLAN drivers installed from the ASUS Download center.

Hoping someone can help me with this. Thank you very much in advance!

:)

Gsalinas22, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 20, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 20, 2021
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Laptop lags when using wifi

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Laptop lags when using wifi

1. Laptop lags when using wifi - Similar Threads - Laptop lags using

2. Lag when laptop is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag when laptop is plugged in: I have noticed that my games tend to run smoother when it's not plugged in, but not very good when it is plugged in, how do I fix this?I have a Dell Inspo 14 5410 on Windows 11 with an 11th Gen Intel R Core TM Version 10.022621I understand that this laptop was not meant for...
  3. Lag when laptop is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag when laptop is plugged in: I have noticed that my games tend to run smoother when it's not plugged in, but not very good when it is plugged in, how do I fix this?I have a Dell Inspo 14 5410 on Windows 11 with an 11th Gen Intel R Core TM Version 10.022621I understand that this laptop was not meant for...
  4. laptop lagged when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop lagged when plugged in: hello everyone ,i have a hp elitebook 8460 p and i saerched for this problem for a long time , i saw some peaple fixed it when they shanched their power plan but that doesn"t work , so the exact problem is that when i plug my pc in for charching it is almost unuseble i tried...
  5. laptop lags when charging

laptop lags when charging: hi, recently I've been experiencing a problem with my laptop - whenever I put it on charge it lags.I've tried multiple forums, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series, but it runs windows 10, and it has been doing htis for quite...
  6. Lagging when using browsers?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lagging when using browsers?: I usually use Chrome and I'm getting lags that are starting to get annoying. I don't usually get input lag but it happening more often. Sometimes I can't move my mouse and have to wait 2-5 seconds to see everything catch up. The mouse lag I described can happen in intervals...
  7. There's a lag when using Explorer.

There's a lag when using Explorer.: When I open Explorer and click on My Documents for example, it freezes for like 5 seconds. Then it seems not to have the issue unless I restart my computer again. I have Windows 10 Pro for Workstation. Any ideas what may be causing this?...
  8. Wifi lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi lag: Hello, So recently, I've noticed something on my computer ; my wifi is unstable. I can assure the problem comes from my laptop after many tests. Here is my problem : My wifi goes from 50mb/s usage for example, checked on task manager to 0 during 5-10 seconds which actually...
  9. laptop lags when unplugged

laptop lags when unplugged: i have a HP Pavilion notebook intel core 17-6500u cpu @2.50ghz 4 cpus 16 gb ram windows 10 pro 64 (10.0, Build 17763) nvidia 940mx 4gb ddr3 every Game works fine when charger is plugged in but when removed even the lowest end game lags.. all games produce less than...
  10. lag when using laptop screen / good perf when using external monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    lag when using laptop screen / good perf when using external monitor: Dear all, I have a Dell Precision laptop (M4800) with 16 GB RAM and a big SSD. I have been struggling for ages with this bleeping w10 and have got to a stage where it does actually run very well ... if the comp is using a docking port and external monitor (in this case...