Windows 10: Laptop locked by administrator

Discus and support Laptop locked by administrator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiMy windows 11 Dell laptop is saying its locked by an administrator however my microsoft account is fine. Control alt delete doesn't do anything, how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LoredanaR84, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Laptop locked by administrator

HiMy windows 11 Dell laptop is saying its locked by an administrator however my microsoft account is fine. Control alt delete doesn't do anything, how can I sign in? If I enter the pin it just says locked by an administrator

:)

LoredanaR84, Jan 7, 2024
  2. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Jan 7, 2024
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 7, 2024
  4. Laptop locked by administrator

Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the built-in Administrator account and
    we appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information.

In this scenario we would suggest you to disable and the enable the
    built-in Administrator account using the command prompt from a different administrator user account and check if the issue persist.

Steps to disable and enable the built-in Administrator account.

1. Click on Windows Search/Cortana and type
      CMD, right click on command prompt and select run as admin.
    2. Type Net user administrator /active:no
      and hit enter key to disable the built-in Administrator account
    3. Restart the PC and login to the
      Administrator account and perform step 1.
    4. Type Net user administrator /active:yes
      and hit enter key to enable the built-in Administrator account

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 7, 2024
Thema:

Laptop locked by administrator

1. Laptop locked by administrator - Similar Threads - Laptop locked administrator

2. Laptop locked by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop locked by administrator: HiMy windows 11 Dell laptop is saying its locked by an administrator however my microsoft account is fine. Control alt delete doesn't do anything, how can I sign in? If I enter the pin it just says locked by an administrator...
  3. Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop computer with Windows 10 which worked well. After not using it for 6 weeks, there were updates from Windows when I restarted. When I tried to login, the screen had a message that I was locked out by the Administrator. This is a personal...
  4. Windows Administrator Lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Administrator Lock: I’ve literally tried everything to get past administration lock. It’s my PC I just bought about a week ago I updated to windows 10 or 11! It was working fine and then it just started telling me I don’t have access to the files I’m trying to reach such as device manager and...
  5. Windows Administrator Lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Administrator Lock: I’ve literally tried everything to get past administration lock. It’s my PC I just bought about a week ago I updated to windows 10 or 11! It was working fine and then it just started telling me I don’t have access to the files I’m trying to reach such as device manager and...
  6. administrator account was locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator account was locked: Several days ago, my computer was attacked and I set the strategy that any account will lock if someone tries login failed more than 3 times, and I also set the locked account will never unlock except admin unlock it. I think it is a very safe strategy but now I believe I did...
  7. Locked out Administration

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out Administration: Hi I have been locked out of admin priviliges and i dont get the yes button that gives you choice its missing and dont know what to as i cant even find the admin account workig or not i dont know is it suppose to be disable hidden away or enabled i dont know...
  8. Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password.: Hi All I changed the network settings from domain to workgroup on my laptop so I could share a file over a local Wi-Fi network. Unfortunately I thought I had a local account but I didn't. Now I am locked out with only the choice of admin or administrator users and I don't...
  9. Administrator locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator locked out: I recently set up the parental controls but now I can't install .exe's. It asks for the admin account and password to allow it. I can't find the family and accounts option in setting on any of the accounts including the parent account. I need help. I've tried to turn on admin...
  10. Locked and hidden administrator.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked and hidden administrator.: Recently I had to make a change in my computer that required the Elevated Administrator account to be used. I finally figured out how to open that account, did my thing, shut down the Elevated Administrator account, and returned to my standard account. Then I discovered that...