Windows 10: Laptop locked in airplane mode after switching modems

Discus and support Laptop locked in airplane mode after switching modems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have an older Asus 2014 laptop. We got a new modem from the same cable company Rogers and my laptop automatically got locked in airplane mode. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SoSerious, Jun 21, 2024.

1. SoSerious Win User

Laptop locked in airplane mode after switching modems

Hi,I have an older Asus 2014 laptop. We got a new modem from the same cable company Rogers and my laptop automatically got locked in airplane mode. The airplane mode is not even on, it's off. All other networks disappeared including my neighbours so it's just an shaded airplane mode icon. My more current phone and work laptop works fine. When I switched back to the old modem, everything worked fine. I have not downloaded any new software recently and I had rescanned with a virus checker. The old modem is a Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware. The new one is a Technicolor CGM4981. I have

:)

SoSerious, Jun 21, 2024

2. airplane mode totally locks my laptop

Hi, yesterday all of a sudden my ASUS X555LJ is locked, and I see the airplane mode little LED is on. Can't do anything at all, no Fn+F2 possible, totally stuck. I did not touch anything related to wifi or airplane mode in the first place.

After pressing OFF button for 10 seconds it switched off, but when I switch on the laptop, it won't boot. The airplane mode light is on. We left it on overnight and strangely enough in the morning we found a started and running laptop.

Helas, just now again it totally locked itself and the airplane mode led is on.

Any suggestions what this is and what to do, I have Win10.

Thanks

carolabraats, Jun 21, 2024
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jun 21, 2024
  4. Laptop locked in airplane mode after switching modems

Airplane Mode Grayed Out after Laptop went into Sleep Mode

Running a Dell Laptop with Windows10. Airplane mode was off and wi-fi connected and working. The laptop screen was closed putting the laptop into sleep mode. When I opened up, entered my password, the laptop came back up and the airplane mode was on. I
    cannot turn airplane mode off. There is no physical switch to turn the Wi-Fi on/off. I have already tried Fn and PrintScreen to no avail. Any other suggestions?

MarionPupsRock, Jun 21, 2024
Thema:

Laptop locked in airplane mode after switching modems

1. Laptop locked in airplane mode after switching modems - Similar Threads - Laptop locked airplane

2. Laptop locked in airplane mode after switching modems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop locked in airplane mode after switching modems: Hi,I have an older Asus 2014 laptop. We got a new modem from the same cable company Rogers and my laptop automatically got locked in airplane mode. The airplane mode is not even on, it's off. All other networks disappeared including my neighbours so it's just an shaded...
  3. Laptop locked in airplane mode after switching modems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop locked in airplane mode after switching modems: Hi,I have an older Asus 2014 laptop. We got a new modem from the same cable company Rogers and my laptop automatically got locked in airplane mode. The airplane mode is not even on, it's off. All other networks disappeared including my neighbours so it's just an shaded...
  4. Automatically Switched To Airplane Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Switched To Airplane Mode: Both of my laptops, work and personal, switched to airplane mode without me choosing it. Both were on different WiFi networks. What could have caused this? Thanks....
  5. Automatically Switched To Airplane Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Switched To Airplane Mode: Both of my laptops, work and personal, switched to airplane mode without me choosing it. Both were on different WiFi networks. What could have caused this? Thanks....
  6. airplane mode locked

airplane mode locked: I have tried at least 25 strategies to break out of airplane mode and get into wifi mode - the wireless communications are turned off grayed out and can't be switched on. All switches have been tried, all adapters reprogrammed / refreshed. I'm wondering if there is any way,...
  7. Airplane Mode key on Windows 10 laptop locked in ON position.

Airplane Mode key on Windows 10 laptop locked in ON position.: No access to internet with WiFi or Ethernet as Airplane Mode is turned ON and locked (greyed out). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-key-on-windows-10-laptop-locked-in/e59d24a3-bbdf-4ac9-8c19-a61ea6e6bde6
  8. Locked in airplane mode

Locked in airplane mode: I believed I got hacked through a link from my school. Now I am unable to open my desktop as it keeps rejecting the password or passcode. What can I do to overcome this hurdle?...
  9. Unable to switch OFF/ON airplane mode.

Unable to switch OFF/ON airplane mode.: dear community i have installed windows 10 in my laptop and installed all drivers, everything was fine. but after updating through internet to latest version of window 10, i am unable to switch off airplane mode, that's why am also unable to use internet through wifi & also...
  10. Laptop Airplane Mode Always On

Laptop Airplane Mode Always On: Every time I look at the notifications panel on my laptop, Airplane Mode is turned on. I know what it does, but do I need it if I never travel with the laptop? Only use laptop with AC plugged in, so saving battery is not a priority. How do I disable permanently? 45346