Windows 10: Laptop locked itself. Not switching back on.

Discus and support Laptop locked itself. Not switching back on. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! My laptop switched itself off or went into sleeping mode and its not turning back on! The screen is just black. I tried pressing and holding the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PamodaSenadipathi, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Laptop locked itself. Not switching back on.

Hi!
    My laptop switched itself off or went into sleeping mode and its not turning back on! The screen is just black. I tried pressing and holding the On switch but nothing. The last thing i was doing was listening to music and converting a MKV video to MP4. It was only in use for 45 minutes until this happened! Please help.
    I use an HP Spectre 360.

:)

PamodaSenadipathi, Jul 14, 2020

2. toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Because you have done me the courtesy or replying, I will comment on your suggestions rather than simply
    burying myself in the AutoIt script literature.

Although the Task Bar COULD be hidden or locked, I can confidently assert that in the circumstances of MY use, the task bar would be locked, but not hidden. Unlocking would be one of the steps (the first ?) in the 'batch file' clicking on which would achieve my aim.
    I guess if I confine myself to ONE switch that TOGGLES, another step would involve determining where the bar is 'right now'.

Different screen sizes and resolutions would not be applicable to MY USE of the script.

'not really worth the effort' I suspect there is wisdom in that, but the challenge attracts me.

I have spent MUCH effort in automating the switch from which of two monitors is the Primary one, and ended up with an unreliable script - using Macro Express.

Sebastian42, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jul 14, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Laptop locked itself. Not switching back on.

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Suggest you try simply dragging the taskbar with e.g. that command as a first step.

Then (and I don't know quite how you'd make use of it):

Unlocking taskbar: see Option 3 for useful info:
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10 | Tutorials

dalchina, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Laptop locked itself. Not switching back on.

1. Laptop locked itself. Not switching back on. - Similar Threads - Laptop locked itself

2. Laptop goes to lock screen by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to lock screen by itself.: I have a problem. While i'm working on my laptop the screen suddenly goes black. I wait or click my mouse. Than one of two things happen. - I end up at my lock screen, log in and go on. option 1- power light turns of. it appears that my laptop has turned itself off. the black...
  3. Laptop goes to lock screen by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to lock screen by itself.: I have a problem. While i'm working on my laptop the screen suddenly goes black. I wait or click my mouse. Than one of two things happen. - I end up at my lock screen, log in and go on. option 1- power light turns of. it appears that my laptop has turned itself off. the black...
  4. BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!: I had big problem with Bitlocker. When turning on, I got my laptop showing blue screen and asking for Bitlocker recovery key. I never activated Bitlocker at all. Then I tried to recover my Win 11 by USB boot in which I had to recover back to Win 10 then update it into Win...
  5. BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!: I had big problem with Bitlocker. When turning on, I got my laptop showing blue screen and asking for Bitlocker recovery key. I never activated Bitlocker at all. Then I tried to recover my Win 11 by USB boot in which I had to recover back to Win 10 then update it into Win...
  6. My laptop locks itself for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop locks itself for no reason: So when I am watching some movies or playing games or something my laptop just shows locking in for like a second and then it's just a black screen and I have to turn it on again. It does not shut down or anything but it goes to sleep mode. I thought the battery is what's...
  7. Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting: Idk why but my laptop keeps locking itself in the middle of a game but its like my laptop islow on specs, its average running amd ryzen 7 with 8 gb ram but for some odd reason it just lock itself without a warning. Its just too sudden My game runs smoothly but idk why plz...
  8. acer laptop locking itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    acer laptop locking itself: my Acer laptop keeps putting itself to sleep every 10 minutes. really affects me when I am doing my homework. I did put my sleep on never. it locks itself with a huge black screen and the time on it....
  9. Laptop freezes on/switches itself off?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes on/switches itself off?: [ATTACH] Formerly about once a month, today it happened to me 3 times! Sometimes it freezes completely and has to be switched off by pressing the power button for a long time, or it suddenly turns off out of nowhere. What's interesting is that just before switching off,...
  10. My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.: So i opened up my laptop, then suddenly it won’t turn on. And when it did, whenever i typed in my pin, it would also automatically lock. Is my battery dead? It’d really frustrating since i can’t get to use it....