Windows 10: Laptop Locks and Reopens with 0% power

Discus and support Laptop Locks and Reopens with 0% power in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been happening for a while now, but most of the time when I open a game (Destiny 2 and Overwatch, sometimes others), my laptop locks and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DTMU_03, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Laptop Locks and Reopens with 0% power

This has been happening for a while now, but most of the time when I open a game (Destiny 2 and Overwatch, sometimes others), my laptop locks and the programs are suspended. However, I can only get my laptop to turn back on by plugging it in, and when it turns back on, it’s always on 0% power. Is there any reason why this occurs, and how could I fix this?

submitted by /u/DTMU_03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DTMU_03, Oct 29, 2019

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Apps reopening on start up after shutdown/restart

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Please confirm if you already install the
    January 31st update (KB4058258 (OS Build 16299.214)) and perform the steps provided
    by PaulSey....

You can also use command line to disable apps from auto reopening in Windows.

• Open Command Prompt and type command shutdown -t 0 -s to shut down.
    • If you want to restart use command shutdown -t 0 -r and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, Oct 29, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop Locks and Reopens with 0% power

n-ster, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Locks and Reopens with 0% power

1. Laptop Locks and Reopens with 0% power - Similar Threads - Laptop Locks Reopens

2. After my laptop is locked, on reopening my laptop lock screen becomes blank, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After my laptop is locked, on reopening my laptop lock screen becomes blank, what should I do?: Please help me with this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-my-laptop-is-locked-on-reopening-my-laptop/37fcd57e-4c8b-4e66-9b0a-ed9d1d92389c
  3. After my laptop is locked, on reopening my laptop lock screen becomes blank, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After my laptop is locked, on reopening my laptop lock screen becomes blank, what should I do?: Please help me with this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-my-laptop-is-locked-on-reopening-my-laptop/37fcd57e-4c8b-4e66-9b0a-ed9d1d92389c
  4. Volume locks at 0 or 100

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume locks at 0 or 100: I have reached out to Microsoft several times with the following issue and also read through the threads associated with the problem, have taken all suggestions including booting in Safe Mode, clean boot and have rebuilt the workstation to OS 11, nothing works. Occasionally...
  5. Volume locks at 0 or 100

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume locks at 0 or 100: I have reached out to Microsoft several times with the following issue and also read through the threads associated with the problem, have taken all suggestions including booting in Safe Mode, clean boot and have rebuilt the workstation to OS 11, nothing works. Occasionally...
  6. plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down: Windows 10 on HP OmenLaptop had been runnign for over an hour running, was plugged into power supply. I plugged in SSD - screen pops up says "Locking" and powers down. Now, no response: won't restart and does not show power/charging light at power port.I did nothing beyond...
  7. LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING

in Windows 10 Customization
    LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING: OK so my laptop locks automatically when the power cord doesn't charge for like even a second for first it says low power plug in your pc now and then locks itself then i have to turn it on and it just wastes a lot of time and i have to have my power cord in at all times...
  8. How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button?: I set the power button to turn off display but it doesn't lock the screen or require pin. I wanna keep things running in the background but still doesn't want other people to access my laptop by moving the mouse or pressing any key....
  9. laptop at 0% and not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop at 0% and not charging: I'm pretty sure the problem is the charger, since it isnt lighting up when I plug it in to charge it. I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-at-0-and-not-charging/2c08c847-4ec0-4d02-a5f2-77a712c5011c
  10. Internal HDD-0 is locked by a password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal HDD-0 is locked by a password?: So I plugged in my line in aux cable from my guitar amp into my laptop and it froze, the screen went black, but the backlight was on and I could still hear stuff in the background. So I decided to shutdown my computer by holding the power button fora set amount of time, I am...