Windows 10: LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING

Discus and support LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK so my laptop locks automatically when the power cord doesn't charge for like even a second for first it says low power plug in your pc now and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AbdullahAhmed_1090, May 24, 2021.

1. LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING

OK so my laptop locks automatically when the power cord doesn't charge for like even a second for first it says low power plug in your pc now and then locks itself then i have to turn it on and it just wastes a lot of time and i have to have my power cord in at all times otherwise it lock

:)

AbdullahAhmed_1090, May 24, 2021

2. Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.

My laptop is currently charging with the power cord but does not seem to be running it at all. The battery is depleting while I am using the laptop to the point that it will shutdown because of low battery even though it is plugged in. Battery will then
    charge. Icon bar at the bottom of screen also does not show that the cord is plugged in. Any ideas why? I feel like this is a setting issue?

RyanMessenger1, May 24, 2021
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

LAPTOP  LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 24, 2021
  4. LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

LAPTOP  LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 24, 2021
Thema:

LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING

1. LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING - Similar Threads - LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY

2. power cord replacement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    power cord replacement: where do i purchase ew power cord https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord-replacement/d4df5660-b3c2-45c7-ad25-20ca99c5a3b6
  3. Computer freezes when power cord is removed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes when power cord is removed.: Hi all. I'm not sure which forum this problem would fit into, so I'm starting here. I have had a problem for the last couple of months where the mouse cursor freezes immediately upon removal of the power cord. I have not been able to discover any way to recover aside from...
  4. Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged: Hi, so on my laptop I used to have this feature where my screen brightness would dim/brighten whenever I had my power cord unplugged/plugged (to conserve battery life, etc etc.), whatever happened to that setting? Currently it's just 1 set brightness level for both scenarios...
  5. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  6. Universal power cord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Universal power cord: I had to purchase a universal power cord for my Dell laptop. It plugs in but won't charge. Any way I can get the laptop to charge??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-power-cord/ec366f36-ccc6-4119-8239-570738282c95
  7. Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.: My laptop is currently charging with the power cord but does not seem to be running it at all. The battery is depleting while I am using the laptop to the point that it will shutdown because of low battery even though it is plugged in. Battery will then charge. Icon bar at...
  8. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8
  9. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...
  10. my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord

my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord: ok when ever I plug in my Dell power cord that came with my laptop I get a pop up that say's . The AC power adapter is not recognized. System performance will be impacted. Please connect the correct Dell AC power adapter for best system operations. This adapter may not...