Windows 10: Laptop Lockscreen Sign-In Problem

Discus and support Laptop Lockscreen Sign-In Problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there I normally sign into my HP notebook using the image/picture option. Today I left the laptop idle for a while and as expected, it went into... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PapillonSA, May 1, 2020.

1. Laptop Lockscreen Sign-In Problem

Hi there

I normally sign into my HP notebook using the image/picture option.

Today I left the laptop idle for a while and as expected, it went into sleep mode. When I wanted to sign in again from the lockscreen, my image combination was not accepted and the lockscreen reverted to either pin or password sign in options. It has been such a long time since I have used these that I have forgotten them. I had also changed them shortly before reverting to the image option, so had not used it much. I have a notebook with several past passwords and tried them all until it wouldn't let me anymore.

It must be noted that I had two Microsoft accounts as well as a local account. Eventually it was only giving me option to sign in on one account. When I eventually selected "I forgot my password", I get the error message below:

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.
    User profile cannot be loaded.

After further incorrect password attempts I am advised to reset my password at login.live.com which I **** on my most recent account.

The new password is not accepted on the laptop and after several attempts, the following message is displayed:

You can't sign in to your device right now. Go to account.live.com to fix the problem or try the last password you used on this device.

Note: The laptop is linked to my account and I can see it on my account when accessing via mobile.

PLEASE help me get back into my laptop without losing my data.

Many thanks.

J

:)

PapillonSA, May 1, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 1, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Stuck on lockscreen

Hi,

To better assist you with the issue, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue happen?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to encountering the issue?
    • If possible, please provide us a screenshot of your login screen.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 1, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Laptop Lockscreen Sign-In Problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Lockscreen Sign-In Problem

1. Laptop Lockscreen Sign-In Problem - Similar Threads - Laptop Lockscreen Sign

2. Lockscreen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen problem: Hitting WIN+L shows my login screen instead of my lock screen lock screen wallpaper how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-problem/9631cc74-61cc-4311-9614-afc63c90621f
  3. Lockscreen problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockscreen problem: Hitting WIN+L shows my login screen instead of my lock screen lock screen wallpaper how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-problem/9631cc74-61cc-4311-9614-afc63c90621f
  4. Lockscreen problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lockscreen problem: My lockscreen has an email address that Win/MS doesn't recognize. I logged into my Windows account on another laptop and changed the password, but it doesn't work for the unrecognized email/username that defaults when I boot up the old laptop. The "forgot password?" routine...
  5. Laptop sign in & sign out problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop sign in & sign out problem: My laptop not sign out & not sign in & not deleted previous microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-sign-in-sign-out-problem/d871fd00-a3b9-4d25-adc4-661366a05f3a
  6. Unable to change lockscreen on sign in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change lockscreen on sign in screen: In personalization I'm allowed to change my lockscreen but when going into the sign in screen the image does not appear. However, if I manually lock my computer the chosen lock screen image is shown. This issue has been going on for months now and is very irritating as I...
  7. lockscreen timeout problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    lockscreen timeout problem.: So the problem started when I wanted to change lockscreen from windows spotlight to pictures. I accidentally enabled lock the screen. So now windows locks after around 30 seconds and goes to screen saver. I changed console lock display off timeout to 10 minutes but It still...
  8. Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen: This happens VERY RARELY but everytime it does I have no idea why. My computer is doing just fine. Running SFC doesn't detect any problems whatsoever, and like I said: it only rarely happens. So far it only happened twice, and with like a month interval. Are there other...
  9. windows hello, lockscreen &sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello, lockscreen &sign in: it christma time, would like to see christmas sence on login images... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-lockscreen-sign-in/079fca67-fb42-4a8f-a74d-58e4e4ee6ba3
  10. Lockscreen /Startup problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockscreen /Startup problems: Hi. I've had this win 10 laptop for about 1 year. For the last 2 weeks it had occasional problems presenting a login screen after wake up. A couple of days ago, it just would no longer get from the lock screen to the login prompt. When I rebooted it, it never got to the login...