Windows 10: Laptop log in

Discus and support Laptop log in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop QWERTY is malfunctioning the "i" is stuck. My laptop access password requires an "i" so now I can't log in. How do I reset the password from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeminiQueenV, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Laptop log in

My laptop QWERTY is malfunctioning the "i" is stuck. My laptop access password requires an "i" so now I can't log in. How do I reset the password from another computer?

:)

GeminiQueenV, Jul 23, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Laptop log in

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop log in

1. Laptop log in - Similar Threads - Laptop log

2. Every time I restart my laptop, I get logged out of my account from almost every app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I restart my laptop, I get logged out of my account from almost every app.: Every time I restart my HP Pavilion laptop I see that I have been logged out of my account from almost every app and browser. My email address shows there but I have to sign with my password again. And its not only one app or browser so there must be something wrong with my...
  3. Account log in password problem with Windows 10 on new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account log in password problem with Windows 10 on new laptop: Hello, I bought a refurbished laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed. I have a pro licence too for this, so downloaded to a memory stick and reinstalled Windows. Both before I did this and afterwards I have been unable to sign into Windows with my Microsoft account. Here's...
  4. unable to log iinto Windows on Dell laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to log iinto Windows on Dell laptop.: I changed a security setting & rebooted, now my former pin is no longer usable and I have no idea what the password is. I have tried changing my password w/authenticator app but the laptop will not accept the new MS password. Any ideas? I'm thinking it may be a local acct &...
  5. I have a windows 10 laptop that gets a blue screen error 2 minutes after I log in, and at...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a windows 10 laptop that gets a blue screen error 2 minutes after I log in, and at...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MalloMarsher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwl183/i_have_a_windows_10_laptop_that_gets_a_blue/
  6. Cannot log in to Laptop away from school domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot log in to Laptop away from school domain: Hi, The recent Window 10 2004 update has created an issue for myself and other faculty. We are using Lenovo E590's. The laptops are configured to use on our domain. We were able to log on from home without an issue prior to the update. Since the update, while trying to...
  7. getting dll error after first log in on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting dll error after first log in on my laptop: I am getting dll error after first log in on my laptop . I close this all dll error notification ,after that this error notification do not come when I am using laptop. I also try to reset it but it have not reset and now it is working slowly . Please fix it . Regards,...
  8. Log off laptop from AD/domain without admin rights?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log off laptop from AD/domain without admin rights?: Heeey, I got a laptop from a friend. He said himself that the part is a bit older and that he has no access to it because the laptop is logged on to an AD. Now I have done some research and managed to create an account. Unfortunately he has no admin rights because I...
  9. Keyboard caps lock reversed and number keys not working only during logging into laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard caps lock reversed and number keys not working only during logging into laptop.: My keyboard types automatically in capital while logging in to my laptop without using shift or capslock. I also cant type numbers from either of the number keys. This only happens during logging in and I have checked for hardware issue on keyboardtester. I am using HP...
  10. How do I reset my password when I can log into my laptop using PIN AND FINGERPRINT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reset my password when I can log into my laptop using PIN AND FINGERPRINT: I have a fingerprint sensor and a pin to log into my system both of which I use regularly. I now can not remember the password for lack of usage. How can I reset the password without which I cannot modify any security feature??? When: 1. it looks like I have no security...