Windows 10: Laptop login password change

Discus and support Laptop login password change in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying for ninety minutes to change my password. I have changed my windows account password four times in the process. I do not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TMBerg, Nov 4, 2020.

1. TMBerg Win User

Laptop login password change

Hello,

I have been trying for ninety minutes to change my password. I have changed my windows account password four times in the process. I do not want to change my windows account password, I want to change the key I use to log in to my computer. It is not a local account. I have gone through Settings, through the lock screen, and through the website account login. Clarification on where exactly I go to change my login password would be appreciated.

Thank you

:)

TMBerg, Nov 4, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Login password changed

Hi Pepito,

It is possible that you received the message You are offline
    because when you're using a Microsoft Account to log in to your Windows 10 laptop it have reset the password online. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you change your password?
    • Doe you allow someone to use your laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try to recover your Windows laptop. See which scenario applies to you:

• If your device is set to automatically connect to Wi-Fi, ensure that it is properly connected to the Internet or Network and restart it.
    • In the bottom right part of the screen you will see network icons that will let you connect to the Internet. Click on your WiFi/Broadband icon and a panel will open from the right side as follows: Now connect your computer to the Internet and Enter your
      Microsoft Account password.

Laptop login password change 617dab89-2fcf-4706-9a1e-b9ed048a2595?upload=true.png
    • Check if your password is correct and then enter it carefully.
    • Make sure that your Caps Lock is not On.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Laptop login password change

Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Laptop login password change

1. Laptop login password change - Similar Threads - Laptop login password

2. Forgot laptop login password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot laptop login password.: Hi, Hi I gave reset option in the laptop with keep my files setting. Then it was asking for password to login to the laptop. But previously I used to login through pin and now I forgot my password. Tried resetting my Microsoft account password through mobile. still laptop is...
  3. Forgot laptop login password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot laptop login password.: Hi, Hi I gave reset option in the laptop with keep my files setting. Then it was asking for password to login to the laptop. But previously I used to login through pin and now I forgot my password. Tried resetting my Microsoft account password through mobile. still laptop is...
  4. Laptop password login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop password login: Why won’t some of my login password letters appear on my laptop when attempting to login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-password-login/999dfdc2-fb78-4db4-a7dc-4f640a1de45a
  5. Laptop password login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop password login: Why won’t some of my login password letters appear on my laptop when attempting to login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-password-login/999dfdc2-fb78-4db4-a7dc-4f640a1de45a
  6. Laptop password login

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Login Laptop without Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login Laptop without Password?: This morning friend called asking how to get into Windows 10 Laptop bought yesterday but forgot password. Login gave an option to Reset password, said put in flash drive, however they had no flash drive. I walked um through booting to safemode thinking maybe some way to an...
  8. Cannot login or change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login or change password: Hello. A few weeks ago I bought a new PC - a laptop - it will eventually replace my Desktop machine. Both run windows 10. At the moment I am still using the desktop PC some of the time. Today, when I try to login to my user account on the desktop, the password is refused....
  9. Forgot login password for laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot login password for laptop: I can't login to my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-login-password-for-laptop/2ceba170-776e-4cd5-96b8-da3364cec110"
  10. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...