Windows 10: Laptop login

Discus and support Laptop login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I formatted my laptop. And now can't log in. I put in a simple 5 digit pin "12345" when i formatted, but when trying to login it says error. I also... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lin337, Apr 3, 2020.

1. lin337 Win User

Laptop login

I formatted my laptop. And now can't log in. I put in a simple 5 digit pin "12345" when i formatted, but when trying to login it says error. I also tried my pin that is on my desktop to no avail. I entered reset and it asked 3 security questions and there was one of them that I do not remembering entering. It asked me for my oldest cousin and I entered every cousin I have and none of them worked. I don't have a reset disk. So I am locked out of my laptop. My laptop is an updated Windows 10 and I do not have a disk to start over.

:)

lin337, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 3, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Laptop login

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Laptop login

1. Laptop login - Similar Threads - Laptop login

2. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  3. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  4. Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off unable to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off unable to login: Hello,Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off due a software installation, now I am unable to login.If I click on log in, i getting error need to set a new pin.If I click on shift and restart. Advance option goes to email login. I have...
  5. I dont see any of the other user accounts on my laptop login screen. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont see any of the other user accounts on my laptop login screen. What should i do?: I left my laptop at home yesterday and when i came home from school it was working perfectly. I log on the user account i made for myself since my mother uses the main one and everything was going fine. After 20 minutes or so i switched user to my mother's account to close...
  6. I dont see any of the other user accounts on my laptop login screen. What should i do?

I dont see any of the other user accounts on my laptop login screen. What should i do?: I left my laptop at home yesterday and when i came home from school it was working perfectly. I log on the user account i made for myself since my mother uses the main one and everything was going fine. After 20 minutes or so i switched user to my mother's account to close...
  7. I dont see any of the other user accounts on my laptop login screen. What should i do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Login fali Microsoft account on laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login fali Microsoft account on laptop: I accidentally unlinked the Microsoft account from my notebook, and now I can't log in, I've tried several times through Authenticator and I couldn't, nor through the Microsoft website, because it doesn't recognize the notebook's serial number. I have an acer spire...
  9. I cannot login to my Microsoft account on my Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot login to my Microsoft account on my Windows 11 laptop: I got a secondhand Windows 11 laptop and I'm trying to login to my Microsoft account, entering the correct Microsoft email that I have been using on my old laptops and newly reset password but then it asks me again to put in my Microsoft password: "Next time you sign into...
  10. I cannot login to my Microsoft account on my Windows 11 laptop

I cannot login to my Microsoft account on my Windows 11 laptop: I got a secondhand Windows 11 laptop and I'm trying to login to my Microsoft account, entering the correct Microsoft email that I have been using on my old laptops and newly reset password but then it asks me again to put in my Microsoft password: "Next time you sign into...