Windows 10: Laptop loses Wifi connection and I can't reconnect without rebooting

Discus and support Laptop loses Wifi connection and I can't reconnect without rebooting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo T450S laptop with Windows 10 installed. For the last three or four days I have had a problem with Wifi. Wifi is periodically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarolLuttrell, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Laptop loses Wifi connection and I can't reconnect without rebooting

I have a Lenovo T450S laptop with Windows 10 installed. For the last three or four days I have had a problem with Wifi. Wifi is periodically disconnected and I cannot reconnect it to my home network without restarting the laptop. When I go to Settings and Status, the system tells me that I am not connected. When I click on Show available networks, the only option I see is airplane mode. There are no Wifi networks available. I rebooted my router and modem, but that didn't help.

Wifi problem started after installing some Windows updates. I don't know if the updates are related to the problem
    Can someone tell me what to do next? Thank you.

:)

CarolLuttrell, Apr 10, 2020
  2. txstoby Win User

Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

My HP laptop running windows Ten has developed and annoying habit of losing the wifi connection. Often times it will not reconnect or it takes multiple attempts to get it connected. Many times, I can be right next to the router or to the personal hot spot and it will still not connect.
    Many times rebooting will allow me to reconnect, but it is happening multiple times in a day. Any suggestions?

txstoby, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Laptop Loses Wifi Connection and I Can't Reconnect Without Rebooting

I have a Lenovo T450S laptop with Windows 10 installed. For the last three or four days I've been having a problem with Wifi. The Wifi disconnects periodically and I can't reconnect it to my home network without rebooting the laptop. When I go to Settings
    and Status, the system tells me I’m not connected. When I click Show Available Networks the only option I see is airplane mode. There are no available Wifi networks.
    I have tried running the Windows network diagnostics tool and it says it can’t identify the problem. I rebooted my router and modem but that didn’t help. I tried updating the network adaptor driver but Windows says the driver is up-to-date.

The Wifi problem started after I installed some Windows updates. There were two Microsoft Windows Updates on 1/15: KB4528760 and KB4532938. There was one security update on 1/14: KB4528759. I don't know whether the updates are related to the problem but
    the timing is suspicious. Can someone please tell me what I should do next? Thanks.

Marianne_968, Apr 10, 2020
  4. x509 Win User

Laptop loses Wifi connection and I can't reconnect without rebooting

Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

So about a week ago my wife bought a Lenovo Yoga 730, and of course I had to set it up, migrate all applications, settings, and data. At first, the Yoga kept losing WiFi connections, even though
    • my laptop right next to the Yoga system had no WiFi problems
    • both systems were on a desk about 2 feet away from the router

So I did a search and discovered that this system had a LOT of complaints about dropped WiFi. Most people said that they had to send the system back to Lenovo, where the WiFi board was replaced with one from a different manufacturer. But I was lucky to find a post where the guy said that Lenovo was using a driver from 2011, and that a much newer driver was available from the manufactuer's website.

So I downloaded and installed this driver, and now this laptop has a stable, reliable WiFI connection. Lucky for me, or else I would look bad to my wife. *cry

I would like to add that all the guys on this forum help me look GOOD to my wife for our home tech. *Smile

Thema:

Laptop loses Wifi connection and I can't reconnect without rebooting

1. Laptop loses Wifi connection and I can't reconnect without rebooting - Similar Threads - Laptop loses Wifi

2. Losing WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing WiFi connection: Hello, I have an Asus Vivobook laptop, running on Windows 10, and I’ve recently started having problems with the WiFI. When I switch it on, I’m connected to my network. I use the internet and less than 5 minutes later, the signal drops out. When I go on to the networks...
  3. laptop losing connection with WIFI card

laptop losing connection with WIFI card: things: laptop is ASUS TUF FX705DT. runs on Win10 Home v1909 has Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC How does it behave: It sometimes goes down on its own with me just using it casually. It will most probably lose connection when I move my laptop...
  4. In case of intermittent wifi issue laptop can't connect without reboot

In case of intermittent wifi issue laptop can't connect without reboot: Hi, I have a HP Envy X360 Convertible laptop running Windows 10 Home (v 10.0.18362) with Intel Core I5 -6200U CPU. It was fine for the 1st 3 years. Lately for a few months, if the WIFI gets disrupted briefly when I laptop is on, then it cannot reconnect to the WIFI. If I...
  5. In case of intermittent wifi issue laptop can't connect without reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    In case of intermittent wifi issue laptop can't connect without reboot: Hi, I have a HP Envy X360 Convertible laptop running Windows 10 Home (v 10.0.18362) with Intel Core I5 -6200U CPU. It was fine for the 1st 3 years. Lately for a few months, if the WIFI gets disrupted briefly when I laptop is on, then it cannot reconnect to the WIFI. If I...
  6. Laptop Loses Wifi Connection and I Can't Reconnect Without Rebooting

Laptop Loses Wifi Connection and I Can't Reconnect Without Rebooting: I have a Lenovo T450S laptop with Windows 10 installed. For the last three or four days I've been having a problem with Wifi. The Wifi disconnects periodically and I can't reconnect it to my home network without rebooting the laptop. When I go to Settings and Status, the...
  7. My Internet loses connection and won't reconnect until I disconnect from the WiFi and Reconnect

My Internet loses connection and won't reconnect until I disconnect from the WiFi and Reconnect: Title.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-loses-connection-and-wont-reconnect/675196db-4b46-4b50-9748-13e56a68b85e
  8. Losing wifi connection

Losing wifi connection: Both my laptop and PC with windows 10 have been are struggling to with connecting to wifi. It was a few weeks ago after a windows 10 update I started noticing the problem. Try contacting Microsoft tech support and they keep promising a level 2 tech support person will contact...
  9. Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.: My HP laptop running windows Ten has developed and annoying habit of losing the wifi connection. Often times it will not reconnect or it takes multiple attempts to get it connected. Many times, I can be right next to the router or to the personal hot spot and it will still...
  10. Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection

Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection: Hi all, Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my laptop struggles to hold a strong connection (sometimes any connection at all) to my Virgin Media router. Even if I am sitting in the same room as my router, the connection is weak and often disconnects, with a connection...