Windows 10: laptop lost login details and came up with message - Profsvc service failed. Contact...

Discus and support laptop lost login details and came up with message - Profsvc service failed. Contact... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; laptop lost login details and came up with message - Profsvc service failed. Contact administrator. I followed some online instructions and now my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kirchberger, Dec 2, 2018.

1. laptop lost login details and came up with message - Profsvc service failed. Contact...

laptop lost login details and came up with message - Profsvc service failed. Contact administrator. I followed some online instructions and now my laptop reads - Administrator: cmd.exe - and I am in the DOS like screen that reads C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>. I now dont want to touch it.

:)

kirchberger, Dec 2, 2018

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Dec 2, 2018
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 2, 2018
  4. laptop lost login details and came up with message - Profsvc service failed. Contact...

ProfSvc Not Letting Me Sign In To My Accont On Windows 10 PC

Hello Sam,

User profile service (ProfSvc) is a service responsible for loading and unloading the user profile. If
    ProfSvc is stopped or disabled, user will not be able to login into the user profile. You may be facing the above issue due to the
    User Profile Service (ProfSvc) not enabled/started in the user profile.

To enable the profile, you have to login into the user profile and turn the
    ProfSvc service to On and Running for the profile to activate again.

If you are not able to login into your account in safe mode, it means the user profile you are trying to login is corrupted. Enable
    built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new user profile, transfer all the data from the corrupted user to the newly created user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command
      prompt.
    • Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes and press
      Enter.
    • Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges.
    • Delete the corrupted user account from the built in administrator.
    • Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L, and sign-in at the
      Administrator account.
    • Check if the issue persist and you can disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).

Step 2: To create a new user account follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by right clicking on the Start icon and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add and click
      Enter
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

Refer to the link below to know more on “The user Profile Service failed the logon”
    (Applies to Windows 10 also):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

laptop lost login details and came up with message - Profsvc service failed. Contact...

1. laptop lost login details and came up with message - Profsvc service failed. Contact... - Similar Threads - laptop lost login

2. the profsvc service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the profsvc service failed the sign in: My PC was running slow and full of junk and thought id reset it however after I reset it its saying the profsvc service failed the sign in. I've tried. Everything I can find online. I can't start in safe mode there's just no option to, I press f5 and nothing happens. It is an...
  3. the profsvc service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the profsvc service failed the sign in: My PC was running slow and full of junk and thought id reset it however after I reset it its saying the profsvc service failed the sign in. I've tried. Everything I can find online. I can't start in safe mode there's just no option to, I press f5 and nothing happens. It is an...
  4. the profsvc service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The message will appear after a reset to factory settings: "ProfSvc service failed the...

The message will appear after a reset to factory settings: "ProfSvc service failed the...: Good morningI accidentally moved my system files to another drive. This caused me to be unable to install applications and open visual studio. Therefore, I decided to reset the settings to factory defaults. During the reset, a message about undoing the change appeared. As...
  6. The message will appear after a reset to factory settings: "ProfSvc service failed the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The message will appear after a reset to factory settings: "ProfSvc service failed the...: Good morningI accidentally moved my system files to another drive. This caused me to be unable to install applications and open visual studio. Therefore, I decided to reset the settings to factory defaults. During the reset, a message about undoing the change appeared. As...
  7. The message will appear after a reset to factory settings: "ProfSvc service failed the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to solve The profsvc service failed the login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve The profsvc service failed the login: How to solve The profsvc service failed the login plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-the-profsvc-service-failed-the-login/65466f19-aacb-46e6-909c-3e74a6dbda74
  9. How to solve The profsvc service failed the login

How to solve The profsvc service failed the login: How to solve The profsvc service failed the login plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-the-profsvc-service-failed-the-login/65466f19-aacb-46e6-909c-3e74a6dbda74
  10. Hard case of error "The ProfSvc service failed the sign in"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard case of error "The ProfSvc service failed the sign in": Hi everyone! I would be very appreciate, if you help me with my problem. Given: 1 Windows 10 2 I had one user with admin rights without password 3 I created second user. No pass, admin rights 4 I logout from first user and try to logon with new one 5 I had error "The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 profsvc error lost profile data