Windows 10: laptop making boot noises while lid shut

Discus and support laptop making boot noises while lid shut in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; whenever I shut the lid of my laptop, after a couple of hours it starts playing the noise on repeat with like 2 or 3 second intervals until I lift the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tobersnz, Jul 26, 2020.

1. laptop making boot noises while lid shut

whenever I shut the lid of my laptop, after a couple of hours it starts playing the noise on repeat with like 2 or 3 second intervals until I lift the lid. the sound is the same sound it makes when I hold the power button to turn it on or off. I think it has something to do with the laptop going to sleep and that is why it takes a while to start happening. It has been doing this since I got it about a year ago. My laptop model is Acer Aspire A515-41G

submitted by /u/tobersnz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tobersnz, Jul 26, 2020

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 26, 2020
  3. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

Hello,
    I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid.
    The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to press the power button and it resume the 'shut down' process.
    This hasn't happen before, any suggestion ? Many thanks laptop making boot noises while lid shut :)

phamthanhnhan, Jul 26, 2020
  4. laptop making boot noises while lid shut

Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down

Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down?

Dan Finger, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

laptop making boot noises while lid shut

1. laptop making boot noises while lid shut - Similar Threads - laptop making boot

2. laptop fan makes noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop fan makes noise: I have a 4 year old laptop; The laptop fan makes noise. What could be the problem?My processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-makes-noise/c5fc6092-046c-41b0-9749-d4a4b896f053
  3. Laptop makes a lot of noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop makes a lot of noise: Hello, I have a problem with my laptop, when it is charging and when you don't touch it you don't work on it at all, the laptop starts to make a lot of noise. Please tell me what it could be? Thank you in advance for the answer....
  4. Laptop makes a lot of noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop makes a lot of noise: Hello, I have a problem with my laptop, when it is charging and when you don't touch it you don't work on it at all, the laptop starts to make a lot of noise. Please tell me what it could be? Thank you in advance for the answer....
  5. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  6. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  7. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid: My HP laptop keeps on shut sown while closing the lid. I am using currently windows 11 and I updated to this version " 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5006674" last night. Since then I am facing this issue 1. I have checked the settings and it...
  8. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid: My HP laptop keeps on shut sown while closing the lid. I am using currently windows 11 and I updated to this version " 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5006674" last night. Since then I am facing this issue 1. I have checked the settings and it...
  9. PC is making some type of noise while booting up

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is making some type of noise while booting up: Hi Forum, happy new year to all. I'm on windows 10 About 1 week ago my PC when I start it up, its making some kind of weird noise. I have attached attached a MP3 file https://voca.ro/1CY107Pl6agq 171736
  10. Laptop makes buzzing noises while playing audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop makes buzzing noises while playing audio: My laptop speaker makes random buzzing/static sound whenever i play audio. The weird thing is whenever i plug in headphones or use wireless speakers, i can hear the sound through that too. I have tried everything, from reinstalling the sound drivers manually, to letting...