Windows 10: laptop making noise on startup - sign of trouble ahead?

Discus and support laptop making noise on startup - sign of trouble ahead? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the last week my laptop has started making a jet engine noise when I turn it on. Once it's going it's fine and it quietens down to normal. Might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ajaye, Nov 21, 2018.

1. ajaye Win User

laptop making noise on startup - sign of trouble ahead?

For the last week my laptop has started making a jet engine noise when I turn it on. Once it's going it's fine and it quietens down to normal. Might this be a sign that things are soon to go kaput?

I've had the laptop for about two years, use it every day.

It's a HP with Intel Core i5-6200U CPU 2.3GHz 8GB RAM 64bit.

:)

ajaye, Nov 21, 2018
  2. CleoIJ Win User

My laptop sound is making a weird noise and it's slow.

One day my laptop started making a random whirring, beeping noise and it would freeze while doing this and it was loud and now it has stopped but recently it has been doing this glitch noise similar to that other noise that used to happen except now it doesn't
    freeze and it's for a short amount of time like when I'm using YouTube the sound is disrupted for example if someone is talking it will make it sound glitchy or when a notification pops up and it makes the notification sound slow and distorted. As well as
    this noise, it's making my laptop slow at times and when typing too. Any clue as to what might be causing this and how I can stop it?

Thank you to those who answered! I'm going to try what you suggested.

CleoIJ, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 21, 2018
  4. laptop making noise on startup - sign of trouble ahead?

Laptop freezes and makes a buzzing noise

Hi Jami,

To isolate this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your computer recently?
    • Does it happen after installing an update?

You may run System File Checker and DISM Tool to check if there are corrupted system files that are causing the issue. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type each command and hit enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

You may also perform a clean boot to isolate which programs or applications might be causing the freezing and buzzing noise on your computer. To do this, kindly refer to this article:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

laptop making noise on startup - sign of trouble ahead?

1. laptop making noise on startup - sign of trouble ahead? - Similar Threads - laptop making noise

2. laptop fan makes noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop fan makes noise: I have a 4 year old laptop; The laptop fan makes noise. What could be the problem?My processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-makes-noise/c5fc6092-046c-41b0-9749-d4a4b896f053
  3. laptop fan makes noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop fan makes noise: I have a 4 year old laptop; The laptop fan makes noise. What could be the problem?My processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-makes-noise/c5fc6092-046c-41b0-9749-d4a4b896f053
  4. Laptop makes a lot of noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop makes a lot of noise: Hello, I have a problem with my laptop, when it is charging and when you don't touch it you don't work on it at all, the laptop starts to make a lot of noise. Please tell me what it could be? Thank you in advance for the answer....
  5. Laptop makes a lot of noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop makes a lot of noise: Hello, I have a problem with my laptop, when it is charging and when you don't touch it you don't work on it at all, the laptop starts to make a lot of noise. Please tell me what it could be? Thank you in advance for the answer....
  6. Laptop makes a lot of noise

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Laptop make buzzing noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop make buzzing noise: everytime i use my laptop for like 4-5 hours its starts making buzzing noise i was wondering is that normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-make-buzzing-noise/7b7c395f-4afa-462a-922f-2b8edcc0febf
  8. Laptop making beeping noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop making beeping noise: So I was using the draw function with a drawing tablet in word to do my homework, but every time I use this function, the laptop starts to make beeping noises as my cursor moves and all the buttons stop working. This keeps happening even I restart the laptop. I'm a person who...
  9. Laptop fan making loud noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan making loud noise: I bought a brand new microsoft go laptop around 2 weeks ago and occassionally the fan makes some noise if there a lot of tabs. This normally wouldn’t bother me but eachtime it is very loud almost like the sound of an airoplane taking off and what is strange is that everytime...
  10. trouble in signing in to my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    trouble in signing in to my laptop: Hi there! I'm unable to sign in to my laptop as i have forgotten the password. On the scree it's showing tro set up pin.. but its not working, also my finger print is not working too. please help me resolve this. I'm using dell inspiron 5502. Windows 10 20H2 64bit...