Windows 10: Laptop max brightness brighter when plugged to charger. less bright when on battery. which...

Discus and support Laptop max brightness brighter when plugged to charger. less bright when on battery. which... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i just realized that the display is brighter when the charger is plugged in. when the laptop is running on battery the screen is a bit less bright... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HansWurst31, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Laptop max brightness brighter when plugged to charger. less bright when on battery. which...

so i just realized that the display is brighter when the charger is plugged in. when the laptop is running on battery the screen is a bit less bright eventhough the windows setting for brightness is maxed out. which setting am i missing? also could this mean, that it is possible to set the max brightness even higher when plugged in to the charger?

laptop is an asus x53sj-sx308v

submitted by /u/HansWurst31
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HansWurst31, Apr 5, 2021

2. Link "On Battery" and "Plugged in" screen brightness together?

Suppose I was in a dark room using my laptop plugged in. I set the brightness to a low value like 25% because the room was dark. Then, I unplugged the charger because the laptop is completely charged. I also set the brightness to 25%. Now I turned the light on and the room became bright. I change the brightness to 100% because the screen was not visible in a bright room. After a while, I connect the charger again, and the brightness turns to 25% again. Logically, this makes no sense because I connected the charger and the laptop has more power to spend and still the laptop tries to save power by lowering the brightness.

This happens because Windows simply remembers the last brightness by the two "On Battery" and "Plugged in" states, not adjusting the other when one changes. Is there any way to link the values together? I mean, when I increase the brightness of "Plugged in", I would also want the brightness of "On Battery" to increase, so that I will not have to adjust the screen brightness each time I connect or disconnect the charger.

Ideally, I wish "On Battery" brightness should be set relative to the "Plugged In" brightness, for example, "On Battery brightness is -25% of Plugged In brightness".

Damn Vegetables, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Jeong-hun Win User
    Link "On Battery" and "Plugged in" screen brightness together?

Suppose I was in a dark room using my laptop plugged in. I set the brightness to a low value like 25% because the room was dark. Then, I unplugged the charger because the laptop is completely charged. I also set the brightness to 25%. Now I turned the light
    on and the room became bright. I change the brightness to 100% because the screen was not visible in a bright room. After a while, I connect the charger again, and the brightness turns to 25% again. Logically, this makes no sense because I connected the charger
    and the laptop has more power to spend and still the laptop tries to save power by lowering the brightness.

This happens Windows simply remembers the last brightness by the two "On Battery" and "Plugged in" states, not adjusting the other when one changes. Is there any way to link the values together? I mean, when I increase the brightness of "Plugged in", I would
    also want the brightness of "On Battery" to increase, so that I will not have to adjust the screen brightness each time I connect or disconnect the charger.

Jeong-hun, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Laptop max brightness brighter when plugged to charger. less bright when on battery. which...

Laptop goes brighter when on battery, dim when plugged in

My dads laptop has been having this issue for a bit he says. He was having an error on boot that had an issue with the battery. And his battery couldnt hold a charge so i had him replace it. Thats all gone, but the dimming issue when plugged in is still there. I adjusted the brightness in ATI catalyst control panel but that just changed the white balance more than anything. I cant find a brightness setting in Win XP like I can in windows 7. Suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Laptop max brightness brighter when plugged to charger. less bright when on battery. which...

1. Laptop max brightness brighter when plugged to charger. less bright when on battery. which... - Similar Threads - Laptop max brightness

2. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  3. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  4. Brightness get more brighter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness get more brighter: Hello guys I have asus vivobook 15 laptop when I turn on the laptop after that I want to click on the wifi and battery in the task Bar the brightness changes to be more brighter I don't know Why so if anyone have a solution please tell me how to fix it?...
  5. Brightness get more brighter

Brightness get more brighter: Hello guys I have asus vivobook 15 laptop when I turn on the laptop after that I want to click on the wifi and battery in the task Bar the brightness changes to be more brighter I don't know Why so if anyone have a solution please tell me how to fix it?...
  6. Win 10 - seprate brightness for battery and charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 - seprate brightness for battery and charger: Allegedly there is no option to do this now, but when I reset my power plan settings to default the screen is harshly dimmed right after unpluging the charger. Please tell me if there is any way to adjust the lewel of the dimnishment? I would like to dim it but not as much...
  7. Auto brightness when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness when plugged in: Recently re-set my computer back to factory, re-installed Windows 11, and now when I have it plugged in, if I change between a dark and light UI application, the brightness automatically adjusts. This does not happen on battery. I have checked everything possible and read...
  8. Auto brightness when plugged in

Auto brightness when plugged in: Recently re-set my computer back to factory, re-installed Windows 11, and now when I have it plugged in, if I change between a dark and light UI application, the brightness automatically adjusts. This does not happen on battery. I have checked everything possible and read...
  9. Cant change my laptops brightness when not plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant change my laptops brightness when not plugged in: Hi everyone, Im currently having an issue with my screen brightness adjustment. Whenever my power cord is plugged in everything works great. I can adjust my screen brightness however i want, but when i unplug the power cord my screen auto dims and I cant change it no matter...
  10. Screen Brightness goes down when I plug in charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Brightness goes down when I plug in charger: The other day I was playing a game, and when I would want more frames I would plug in the charger but then the screen brightness went down randomly even though the setting was all the way up. I tried to turn it down and it got a little bit brighter. Please help...