Windows 10: Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in

Discus and support Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It used to work but then I accidentally deleted Realtek HD Audio because when I try and open this programme, it tells me it doesn't exist and directs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HashumSum, Feb 28, 2021.

1. HashumSum Win User

Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in

It used to work but then I accidentally deleted Realtek HD Audio because when I try and open this programme, it tells me it doesn't exist and directs me to the Microsoft Store. I would then download it because I am prompted to do this but it still doesn't work so I ended up deleting it. The reason why I did this was because I was trying to activate the "what did you plugin" option that normally pops up when you plug in headphones/headset hoping this would fix the issue.

When I don't have any headphone or headset plugged in, the laptop microphone works.

I have no idea what to do? Thanks.

:)

HashumSum, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Mazkaa Win User

My headphones microphone doesn´t work

I recently updated my Asus laptop to windows 10 and noticed that my microphone doesn´t work anymore. Before it was working well and after the update it started using my laptops own mic and in settings i cant change input to anything

Mazkaa, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Salvyar Win User
    Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)
    Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in [​IMG]

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in - Similar Threads - Laptop microphone doesn't

2. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  4. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone doesn't work when earphones are plugged in.

Microphone doesn't work when earphones are plugged in.: Hello, my microphone Maono au-pm461 TR doesn't work when I plug in any headphones, I tested "noname" headphones, Razer electra v2 and razer kraken essential. When I plug in microphone and headphones microphone doesn't work or headphones doesn't works for example I have error...
  6. Microphone doesn't work with headphones

Microphone doesn't work with headphones: Hello, when i first pluged in my headphones into PC, some setting on headphones showed, a don't know what type of headphones i selected. And now when i have my headphones, my microphone doens't work. I don't know ho to reset this setting and i was looking for everywhere....
  7. Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in

Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in: When my headphones are not plugged in, my microphone works. I guess this must be related to an option windows asked me about preference after updating my driver, but i cant find anywhere how i can revert that....
  8. Microphone not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not working when plugged in: When I plug my headset into my computer running windows 10 home, the microphone doesn't work, however when it is unplugged the microphone does work. I've checked if the cable is broken, and it isn't as the microphone works on all my other devices. I've run the troubleshooter...
  9. My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.

My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.: I want to plug in my headphones and still have my laptop's built-in microphone record sound (e.g. my voice). Right now, if my plug in my headphones, the laptop's microphone doesn't pick up anything. With my old pair of headphones, this wasn't an issue-- I could record my...
  10. Headphone Microphone doesn't work

Headphone Microphone doesn't work: I have the Krarken headset which comes with a microphone, however when I tried using it on my new desktop only the audio changes and it recognizes the headset as speakers instead. While fiddling around with it I was only able to make the microphone emit a ringing noise which...