Windows 10: Laptop microphone randomly stopped working

Discus and support Laptop microphone randomly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday upon using the laptop my microphone worked completely fine, now for some reason my laptop mic just completely stopped working, as well as any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KB___, Jun 22, 2021.

1. KB___ Win User

Laptop microphone randomly stopped working

Yesterday upon using the laptop my microphone worked completely fine, now for some reason my laptop mic just completely stopped working, as well as any external microphone i plug into it. all drivers are updated, running the newest version of windows 10 even though yesterday when it was working i was using an older version.It definitely is NOT the fault of external microphones, since plugging and bluetooth connecting both earphones and headphones into different devices works fine, only when connecting and plugging into this laptop. have already googled and nothing has been able to help me at

:)

KB___, Jun 22, 2021

2. Internet randomly stops working on laptop

Hi,

Several factors may affect your Internet connection that may potentially affect its performance or for it to stop working randomly. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Is this the first time that you've encountered the issue using your laptop?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your laptop prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages? If so, please send us a screenshot of the exact error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Laptop built-in microphone stopped working, how to troubleshoot it?

version:
    Microsoft Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1440)
    windows 10 home

Hello , my microphone stopped working. So I would like to at find out if it is possible to solve this kind of problem. where do I start troubleshooting ?
    I have looked at this parts of my computer windows 10 to see if there anything not normal :
    1) looked into device manager , and checked properties of the microphone ()

2)Click into sound settings, (microphone does not show any signals of being working bar does not move when making noise or speaking)
    https://i.imgur.com/VlWaYif.png
    3) checked control panel and "other audio settings"
    https://i.imgur.com/8EvkzCQ.png
    4) checked control panel and speech recognition (it wont open)
    https://i.imgur.com/Dza1dH7.png
    Which should I be looking at to find out if this problem might have a solution. (It stopped working randomly) what should be my next step? I 'm not good at computers be patient please.
    thank you all.

izarnotegui, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Laptop microphone randomly stopped working

Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Laptop microphone randomly stopped working

1. Laptop microphone randomly stopped working - Similar Threads - Laptop microphone randomly

2. Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.: The internal microphone of my laptop will suddenly stop picking up any input randomly; it's never consistent, but it will often stop working and then begin working again hours later. I have no idea what causes it and have tried numerous solutions to no avail. I have tried:-...
  3. Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.: The internal microphone of my laptop will suddenly stop picking up any input randomly; it's never consistent, but it will often stop working and then begin working again hours later. I have no idea what causes it and have tried numerous solutions to no avail. I have tried:-...
  4. Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working

Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working: So I have a lenovo thinkbook I got back in August; it works perfectly fine apart from the fact the built in microphone just stops working. This has happened a few times already - always when I'm on a zoom meeting which isn't ideal when I need to present. I somehow managed to...
  6. Microphone randomly stopped working, no idea how to fix it

Microphone randomly stopped working, no idea how to fix it: I've tried reinstalling my drivers, updating windows, removing the device and so on but I cant seem to get my microphone to work. It randomly stopped working yesterday and started blasting sound through my screen instead of through my headset. The hardware has no issue, it...
  7. Microphone stops working randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone stops working randomly.: Hello, I have an Apollo Solo USB with a Sennheiser MKh-416 microphone. For some reason the Microphone works for couple minutes, and then suddenly stops working (also in the interface software). When I select one of my saved audio settings it works again for couple minutes,...
  8. Laptop randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop randomly stopped working: Hello people of Reddit. So I was using my laptop as I normally would. Then just out of nowhere the screen just went black. So I tried closing it and opening it but nothing. So I held the power button to turn it off because the lights indicated it was still on. So I turned it...
  9. Microphone Randomly Stopped Working

Microphone Randomly Stopped Working: My Blue Yeti microphone has worked for years. Now out of nowhere I can't get it to work on ANYTHING. I have tried every video and every single bit of forum advice as far as sound settings go. Please, I need help as I can't live stream without it. It's receiving power and...
  10. Blue Yeti microphone randomly stops working

Blue Yeti microphone randomly stops working: I have been having this problem with my Blue Yeti microphone where my mic randomly stops working. After I re-select it on Discord or OBS for example the audio picks up again. I have tried removing the device, re-plugging in, and running the troubleshooter. Drivers are up to...