Windows 10: laptop mobile hotspot not working

Discus and support laptop mobile hotspot not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell inspiron laptop with windows 10 installed. A have a broadband connection connected with ethernet cable to my laptop. I was trying to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SomdiptaBagchi, Jul 5, 2020.

1. laptop mobile hotspot not working

I have a Dell inspiron laptop with windows 10 installed. A have a broadband connection connected with ethernet cable to my laptop. I was trying to turn on hotspot in my laptop to use it as a router. I did all the processes but was not succesful in using the hotspot in my other devices. the wifi is not getting connected. I have bitdefender total security installed in my laptop.

:)

SomdiptaBagchi, Jul 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Mobile hotspot in windows 10 laptop

Hi,

You may change the password of your mobile hotspot so that the person you don't allowed to use it can't connect to it. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried changing the password. Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how you can change the password of the Mobile hotspot.:

• Open Settings then select Network & Internet.
    • Choose Mobile hotspot.
    • Under Mobile hotspot section, you can see the current name of the Wi-Fi hotspot and password. To change mobile hotspot name or password or both, click the
      Edit button.
    • Enter a new password for the network. Click Save button. Note that the password must be of at least 8 characters.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 5, 2020
  4. laptop mobile hotspot not working

Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

laptop mobile hotspot not working

1. laptop mobile hotspot not working - Similar Threads - laptop mobile hotspot

2. Mobile Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot not working: Hello.My mobile hotspot stopped working, it stopped working about 2 weeks ago.In the settings, when I try to start it, it says “We cant set up mobile hotspot.”My specs:CPU: Intel Core i7 Q820 1.73GHzMemory RAM: 4 GBDisk: HDD 300 GBLaptop GPU: Nvidia Quadro FX 880MOS: Tiny10I...
  3. Mobile Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot not working: Hello! For some days now, my mobile hospot is not working! The connected devices are recognized from my laptop and the hotspot is recognized from my devices but it says internet is not available. Thus, I cannot share my internet connection via hotspot even though my laptop...
  4. Mobile Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot not working: Hello! For some days now, my mobile hospot is not working! The connected devices are recognized from my laptop and the hotspot is recognized from my devices but it says internet is not available. Thus, I cannot share my internet connection via hotspot even though my laptop...
  5. MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP

MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP: ginagamit ko ung laptop as hotspot kasi meron syang 5g nung una nakakagamit ako ng maayos then bigla nalang po parang nag update tapos ayun hinde na po ako makapag 5g ang lumalabas is the selected network band isn't available. select diffirent band and try again. pero sa 2.4g...
  6. Mobile hotspot is not working.

Mobile hotspot is not working.: Split from this thread. hey i did not solve this problem. any other way. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-is-not-working/f423fe29-c8c8-4628-818d-0257718533ca
  7. mobile hotspot not working

mobile hotspot not working: Hi there, I am in university and we connect to the internet via ethernet and have to use mobile hotspot to provide WiFi to our cellphones. I have a Dell laptop and when I try and use my mobile hotspot, it just loads, never connects, and says there is no internet connection....
  8. MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP

MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP: why does my mobile hotpots is disconnecting??? i cannot use it to connect it with my phone and when i want to turn on my mobile hotspot (which i never turn off) it's buffering for a very long time.... [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. mobile hotspot not working

mobile hotspot not working: my laptop mobile hotspot not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-not-working/660151fe-dac5-4858-9045-bc8666344ab6
  10. Mobile Hotspot not working

Mobile Hotspot not working: I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled. I remember turning Mobile Hotspot on before, and it worked perfectly. Now, when I try to turn it on, it ruins my Wifi driver. I can't connect to Wifi anymore, i tried reinstalling Wifi drivers, resetting the Wifi drivers......