Windows 10: Laptop monitor damaged - need to mirror to external and disable internal

Discus and support Laptop monitor damaged - need to mirror to external and disable internal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I dropped my Dell and monitor lights but cannot see anything. Connected an external monitor HDMI but not seeing anything. Need some keyboard commands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulSisk1, Jun 2, 2020.

1. PaulSisk1 Win User

Laptop monitor damaged - need to mirror to external and disable internal

I dropped my Dell and monitor lights but cannot see anything. Connected an external monitor HDMI but not seeing anything. Need some keyboard commands to get it to mirror or extended and then make external primary and disable internal.

:)

PaulSisk1, Jun 2, 2020

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 2, 2020
  3. AJMazza Win User
    Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Laptop monitor damaged - need to mirror to external and disable internal

External monitor for laptop

Hi Eliza,

This issue with your external monitor can be due to your settings. To prevent this from happening with any further Windows updates, we suggest that you turn off Fast Startup. Disabling Fast Startup will ensure that all hardware connected on your laptop will
    start up once you boot up your laptop. Check out this
    related thread
    and follow the steps provided by Kerwin Lee.

Let us know if you need additional assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Laptop monitor damaged - need to mirror to external and disable internal

1. Laptop monitor damaged - need to mirror to external and disable internal - Similar Threads - Laptop monitor damaged

2. how to Mirror screen on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to Mirror screen on external monitor: After restarting my Dell after two weeks of downtime, the mirror display on the external monitor does not work.. How do I correct the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mirror-screen-on-external-monitor/bfd2ccfb-d0cc-4611-850c-48ca78de12f2
  3. how to Mirror screen on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to Mirror screen on external monitor: After restarting my Dell after two weeks of downtime, the mirror display on the external monitor does not work.. How do I correct the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mirror-screen-on-external-monitor/bfd2ccfb-d0cc-4611-850c-48ca78de12f2
  4. monitors are mirroring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitors are mirroring: I have been using 2 monitors for the last couple of years. I had to take my tower to the shop and get repairs. When I got it back, I have not been able to get both monitors to work without them mirroring each other. I have tried everything, but I'm having no luck. Both...
  5. monitors are mirroring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitors are mirroring: I have been using 2 monitors for the last couple of years. I had to take my tower to the shop and get repairs. When I got it back, I have not been able to get both monitors to work without them mirroring each other. I have tried everything, but I'm having no luck. Both...
  6. monitors are mirroring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?: I use an external monitor for my laptop, and the display is much bigger, but the resolution is limited by the laptop. All of the icons, the taskbar, and the mouse cursor are too big for the size of the monitor, it is as if I'm just using the laptop monitor. I have an NVIDIA...
  8. Laptop internal and external mic not working

Laptop internal and external mic not working: I have an asus K501LX and the microphone is not working. I tried using problem solving from the sound settings and it is not giving me any options. So i tried to plug in a USB microphone from sennheiser and the mic is still not working. I thought it had something to do with...
  9. Internal external Mic on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal external Mic on my Laptop: I have a headset I use for my PS4 that I want to use for my laptop. My problem comes from the fact that my laptop microphone is the only input device and I would rather it be the mic. What can I do? Can I install another driver to recognize mics jacked in? Am I stuck with...
  10. Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives

Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives: As a precaution, I have all of my school work saved in 3 locations. One external 4 TB HDD, one internal 1 TB NVMe SSD on my desktop and an external 256 SSD (I carry this with me should I need to work using my laptop). I'm trying to figure out a way to auto-update the folders...