Windows 10: Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings.

Discus and support Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; One of the laptops I have has been having this issue for a long time. I've had it for about 2 years now and it wasn't doing it when I first bought it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Average_Bro, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings.

One of the laptops I have has been having this issue for a long time. I've had it for about 2 years now and it wasn't doing it when I first bought it, at least, not to my knowledge as it was plugged in almost every time that I use it. I know that it's not good for the battery to be plugged in all the time. I don't think that's relevant though. Let me explain what's going on and hopefully someone has an idea of what to do.

In this laptop's (which will be referred to as "the Nitro" from here on out) power options, I have the display set to turn off after 5 minutes while unplugged. First of all, it wasn't even doing that correctly. I set up the Nitro and my other laptop (the GS75) to have the same display turn off time to 5 minutes. I have a slideshow wallpaper set up on both laptops to change at 1-minute intervals. I unplugged both and let them sit until the displays turned off. The GS75 turn off exactly when expected but the Nitro turned off two minutes later. I think I know what happened there and it was totally my fault.

The weird thing is that when I went to wake them back up, the GS75 started working instantly but the Nitro didn't respond to anything. No mouse wake up, nor keyboard wake up. The only way to get it back on was to do a hard reboot. I've checked the event logs and everything looked normal, aside from the error from "shutting down unexpectedly," which was from the hard reboot, nothing else. I checked the time at the exact moment the screen went off and wrote it down. Nothing occurred when the display turned off. All my drivers are current, and I've never done anything with BIOS. It also isn't overclocked in any way, if that matters.

Nitro Specs:

Acer Nitro 5 (From a couple years ago)

i5-8300H

8 GB RAM

Mobile GTX 1050 Ti

If someone has any ideas, help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/The_Average_Bro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_Average_Bro, Oct 1, 2020
  2. pigulici Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Oct 1, 2020
  3. the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings.

Windows Spotlight doesn`t turn on

Hello

I was trying to turn on windows spotlight for my lock screen background in windows 10 v1709 build 16299.125, But it doesn`t turn on. I click on windows spotlight, It changes to spotlight, But not the preview picture, Then I come out from settings, again
    go in for lock screen background change, But the background is again on picture! I`ve done every thing to fix it, Nothing changed. Help me please

Amirali Salimi, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings.

1. Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings. - Similar Threads - Laptop monitor doesn't

2. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop is turning off automatically.: Yesterday night when I shut down my laptop it started to update , I left it to get updated overnight. This morning when I try to turn it on , it turns off automatically.It will turn off just after booting and sometimes it will sucessfuly boot and after 5-10 seconds turn off...
  3. Laptop screen doesn't go back after automatically turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen doesn't go back after automatically turns off: I have an Asus laptop acting weird.When the usb receiver for the wireless mouse is connected, the screen turns off 5 minutes for me due to inactivity and the screen comes back when I press a button on the keyboard or use the mouse.When I don't have the receiver connected, the...
  4. Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

in Windows 10 Support
    Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on: Windows 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110) I have a Dell Inspiron 7700 All-in-One computer. I have the power setting set to turn off display in 10 minutes and the put the computer to sleep set to never. After 10 minutes of no activity the screen turns off but then turns...
  5. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  6. Monitor powers on after computer turns it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor powers on after computer turns it off: Trying to find how to keep monitor off after I lock the PC. What I do: 1. Monitor powers off after 1 minute when PC is locked 2. In few seconds computer plays sound like it detects new hardware, monitors wakes up and shows "No Cable Connected". 3. Then monitor turns off....
  7. MY laptop sound turn off and the back on automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY laptop sound turn off and the back on automatically: Hi I am New Here so Sorry if this question does not fall into this Catagory I tried to find the sound category but there is non now to the problem, I have Elitebook 8560w and i and using window 10 but laptop speaker turn off and on automatically it like one second its on...
  8. Monitors will not turn off per power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not turn off per power settings: My monitors do not enter power save, per my power settings. I've run troubleshooter, reset to default, changed settings, updated drivers, checked reliability monitor, unplugged all usb device, issue persists. Can anyone help with this?...
  9. Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input: Hey guys im trying to play games by streaming them to another device(Steam link) and i would like to tun off my monitor while im doing so, but no matter what i try(Programs, Power options,Closing the lid) my monitor will always turn back on when i make an input, is there any...
  10. Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings)

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings): Hello just few days ago monitor (Asus PG278Q) started turning off after 10 min while watching media or idle. Checked screensaver: set to 'none' Checked power settings: max performance, set to never shut down or sleep. What else can turn off monitor except screensaver...