Windows 10: Laptop Monitor Inactive

Discus and support Laptop Monitor Inactive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently updated Windows on my Microsoft Surface Book 2. Now, when I plug in my second monitor, my laptop display becomes inactive. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Barb Tinker, May 19, 2020.

1. Laptop Monitor Inactive

Hi,

I recently updated Windows on my Microsoft Surface Book 2. Now, when I plug in my second monitor, my laptop display becomes inactive. I have tried everything, and I can't get it working. If I unplug my second monitor, the display on my laptop becomes active again.

:)

Barb Tinker, May 19, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 19, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 19, 2020
  4. Laptop Monitor Inactive

Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Monitor Inactive

1. Laptop Monitor Inactive - Similar Threads - Laptop Monitor Inactive

2. 3 monitors connected, but 2 are active, the 3rd monitor is forced inactive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 monitors connected, but 2 are active, the 3rd monitor is forced inactive: When I try to use 3 monitors, 2 are active and the third monitor is forced inactive, I've already tried updating the graphics driver, reducing the active display's resolution, using Win+P to set it to extend, and none of these worked.One thing I will NOT do is update the...
  3. Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout: My PC's display will not turn back on after I leave my computer for a while 30+ min? and the display closes due to inactivity timeout. When I return to my PC, I click my mouse/keyboard to wake the display, and the display lights up for a second backpanel lit, but display is...
  4. Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout: My PC's display will not turn back on after I leave my computer for a while 30+ min? and the display closes due to inactivity timeout. When I return to my PC, I click my mouse/keyboard to wake the display, and the display lights up for a second backpanel lit, but display is...
  5. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout: Hoping someone can help me here as I'm running out of ideas. I am running Windows 10 21H1 and having an issue with monitors not going to 'sleep' after the inactivity timeout. This occurred on my previous mainboard and CPU and continued after I replaced them recently. I have...
  6. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout: Hoping someone can help me here as I'm running out of ideas. I am running Windows 10 21H1 and having an issue with monitors not going to 'sleep' after the inactivity timeout. This occurred on my previous mainboard and CPU and continued after I replaced them recently. I have...
  7. Surface Pro 7 - Second monitor "Inactive"

Surface Pro 7 - Second monitor "Inactive": Hello, I see a number of others with surface pro 7s have had this same issue and all the threads are locked with no solution. Until a couple weeks ago, my surface pro 7 worked fine with my docking station and two monitors. Now when I go to plug into the docking station,...
  8. Second Monitor is "Inactive"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is "Inactive": So I recently scored a 2nd 4k monitor. And it is connected via displayport. Randomly, the screen will turn off. It shows up in nvidia control panel and the checkbox to enable it will turn grey and uncheckable. In windows settings will say it is "inactive". I have tried...
  9. Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system

Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system: Sorry to trouble you all but I was wondering if anybody would be able to advise me on the below: I have multiple monitors linked up but one is now showing as "Display 2 isn't active" But also says "Display 2: Connected to IntelR HD Graphics 4000" But when I am in display...
  10. Laptop unresponsive after inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop unresponsive after inactivity: I recently replaced my HDD (I was getting BSOD errors, etc.) Computer runs great now, except every now and then, when I come back after it's been sitting for 15-20 minutes (sometimes as much as several hours), the screen is black, and I can't wake it up. The only way to...