Windows 10: Laptop monitor is broken, BIOS don't show on HDMI

Discus and support Laptop monitor is broken, BIOS don't show on HDMI in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to change my laptop's HDD, after creating a UEFI bootable with the media creation tool, I just can't see the BIOS or installation from HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arpinsanity, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Laptop monitor is broken, BIOS don't show on HDMI

I need to change my laptop's HDD, after creating a UEFI bootable with the media creation tool, I just can't see the BIOS or installation from HDMI monitor. I was thinking about installing windows first with the old HDD, by having the new HDD connected with a sata/usb3.0 adapter. Is it possible? Any solutions to the problem?
    Seems like HDMI won't show because of the lack of intel/nvidia drivers. Laptop monitor is broken.

submitted by /u/arpinsanity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/arpinsanity, Nov 11, 2020

2. Laptop monitor is black but HDMI to TV works

So, I seem to be having the opposite problem of most. After updating my laptop to windows 10 the laptop monitor basically does not work - it's as if the graphics card does not see it. When I turn the computer on it shows me the dell logo with options to
    open the boot settings, and it starts to show the graphics for loading windows and then just goes to a black screen. Like others I thought maybe it's the issue with thinking there's 2 monitors when there really are not because it's acting like my dual monitor
    work computer at start-up, but none of the listed fixes worked. I tried to plug the computer into the TV via an HDMI cable and that does work but the laptop monitor goes from a 'light' black to an 'off' black. Of course the computer at that point only thinks
    there's one monitor which is the TV when I go into the settings. I've tried every combination of plugging in and pulling out the HDMI at different points in the reboot process but I always end up in the same place of having to plug the laptop into the TV to
    use it. It's as if the Intel graphics doesn't see the laptop monitor as an option. I also tried to update the graphics drivers but it says there are no available updates. Anyone else have this problem and a suggested solution so I can move my laptop away
    from the TV?!

Greenturtle116, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Minduse Win User
    HDMI no output after update to FullHD monitors

Hello

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • GPU : 912-V308-001 (or) R9 290X GAMING 4G
    • Desktop mid tower
    • Operating System Windows 10 64bit Update 1709
    • Video Driver version installed AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 Drivers
    • Display Devices that does not work with HDMI :
      • BenQ - GL2450HM 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC M2470SWH 23.6" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • Philips 243V7QDAB/00 24'' 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC - G2460VQ6 24.0" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor (currently using with Display port, does not work with HDMI)
        • The HDMI port works with 4k tv so I know it is functional.
    • Motherboard Asus - SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 ATX LGA1150 BIOS Version 2702
    • CPU Core i5-4690K
    • Power Supply Unit Corsair - Builder 750W CX750 or CP-9020015-EU
    • RAM 16GB
    Issue:

• One morning after regular updates my graphics card stopped sending signals to HDMI monitors that are bellow the resolution of 4k. The monitors, just shows no signal, when you uninstall the drivers sometimes, like once in 4 times it will catch
      the monitor, but if you restart the PC you will again get no signal. The monitors works perfectly with my laptop on HDMI. 3 Of the monitors are fresh from the box. The HDMI port works perfectly with my 4k TV. Tried switching 7 HDMI cables total. Reinstalled
      windows twice, video drivers several times. Currently using a display port for one of the monitors.

Minduse, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Laptop monitor is broken, BIOS don't show on HDMI

installing windows 10 on a laptop with a broken monitor

I have a laptop with a broken monitor so I have been using windows 8 with a hdmi cable connected to a tv as my display. I went to install windows 10 but when I get to the actual installation process it won't let me use my hdmi cable and with a broken
    monitor I can't see anything. Is there anything I can do?

faithtostado, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Laptop monitor is broken, BIOS don't show on HDMI

1. Laptop monitor is broken, BIOS don't show on HDMI - Similar Threads - Laptop monitor broken

2. Laptop HDMI not working with monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop HDMI not working with monitor: My HDMI connection isn't working between my Asus TUF laptop and a VisionSource gaming monitor. I've tried different ports as well as cables. The odd thing is, our Xbox One hooks up with HDMi to the monitor just fine. Any ideas?...
  3. Laptop HDMI not working with monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop HDMI not working with monitor: My HDMI connection isn't working between my Asus TUF laptop and a VisionSource gaming monitor. I've tried different ports as well as cables. The odd thing is, our Xbox One hooks up with HDMi to the monitor just fine. Any ideas?...
  4. BIOS on hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS on hdmi: I really need a soution to get the BIOS/boot menu on my tv hdmi since my laptop screen is broken and i wanna use a usb stick to get a fresh copy of windows 10. my laptop is slow idk if this is the right topic but ye i need help....
  5. BIOS on hdmi

BIOS on hdmi: I really need a soution to get the BIOS/boot menu on my tv hdmi since my laptop screen is broken and i wanna use a usb stick to get a fresh copy of windows 10. my laptop is slow idk if this is the right topic but ye i need help....
  6. BIOS on hdmi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Monitor not showing up with HDMI chord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not showing up with HDMI chord: Hi,I am having a weird issue. For the first two days I used my brand new computer, both my wireless mouse With USB dongle and the external monitor worked. Then I woke it up from sleep this morning and the wireless mouse failed to work. I restarted it and updated the computer,...
  8. Monitor not showing up with HDMI chord

Monitor not showing up with HDMI chord: Hi,I am having a weird issue. For the first two days I used my brand new computer, both my wireless mouse With USB dongle and the external monitor worked. Then I woke it up from sleep this morning and the wireless mouse failed to work. I restarted it and updated the computer,...
  9. Monitor not showing up with HDMI chord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS - No signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS - No signal: HP Pavilion Elite m9372.gr Desktop PC 2008-2009 serial number : ************* part_number : FZ110AA-B1A purchaseyear : 2009-03-** INTEL Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz RAM 8GB / 64BIT OS, WINDOWS 10 HOME OLD PROBLEM REAPPEARED - this symptom existed in the past but...