Windows 10: Laptop motherboard wont turn off after Windows shut down.

Discus and support Laptop motherboard wont turn off after Windows shut down. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a work laptop with an admin account configured for me (Dell Latitude 3590). When I press shutdown in the start menu, windows shuts down, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AndrasRadoczi, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Laptop motherboard wont turn off after Windows shut down.

I have a work laptop with an admin account configured for me (Dell Latitude 3590). When I press shutdown in the start menu, windows shuts down, but the motherboard is still on, fan spinning, lights are on, blank display. I have to press the power button long to shut it off. The same thing happens if the sleep command is given to the system.

What I tried so far:
    I've tried to switch it off while booted into safe mode, the system freezes in "shutting down" state.
    I've disabed Intel Management Engine Interface.I've disabled the fast startup in power options.
    I updated the drivers and Windows, everything is up to date.
    I've tried to shut it down via this command in an admin prompt: shutdown /s /f /t 0.

No luck so far.

Can anyone recommend any way to solve the problem?

Build 19042.685

submitted by /u/AndrasRadoczi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AndrasRadoczi, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jan 7, 2021
  3. laptop wont turn off

after windows 10 installation on my laptop wont shut off I have to press the shut off button to finally turn off

juancorrea57, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Laptop motherboard wont turn off after Windows shut down.

PC shut down, wont turn back on

The fan twitch is it powering up and then the psu is noteing a short and cutting out hence why it wont do it again straight after until it's reset, something is blown or shorted out so you need to do as someone suggested and split the pc out then, on a table build the minimum up as he said and step by step see what's happening.

theoneandonlymrk, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Laptop motherboard wont turn off after Windows shut down.

1. Laptop motherboard wont turn off after Windows shut down. - Similar Threads - Laptop motherboard wont

2. laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off: my laptop suddenly turned completly off and wont turn back on unless i take out the battery and put it back in, when it powers off automatically or when i power it off it shuts down completely...
  3. laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off: my laptop suddenly turned completly off and wont turn back on unless i take out the battery and put it back in, when it powers off automatically or when i power it off it shuts down completely...
  4. laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop wont shut down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop wont shut down: This problem started occurring after I ran the Microsoft Defender Offline scan. Now my laptop won't shut down. Instead, it reboots and tells me that my PIN is not available. The only way to turn the laptop off is with a hard reset....
  6. My laptop shut down and wont turn back on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop shut down and wont turn back on: My hp laptop just shut down and wont turn on during my online classes can anyone help submitted by /u/chandraryanmaharia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwxk7b/my_laptop_shut_down_and_wont_turn_back_on/
  7. Computer turning off after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  8. shut down does not turn off fan / laptop

shut down does not turn off fan / laptop: I have Samsung laptop intel core i3 with windows 7 pro installed a week ago shut down does not turn off my pc completely and it need to turn it off manually by pressing the power button continuously and could not find any solutions. recently I have upgraded windows to...
  9. Computer does not turn off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does not turn off after shutting down: Dell Optiplex 780, had Windows 7 64-bit, upgraded to Windows 10 via the free upgrade. Now every time I tell Windows 10 to shut down, it does the shut down sequence but the computer itself remains on. The power light is on and the computer itself is running. The Only way to...
  10. Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down

Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when I try to shut down the OS safely shuts down but the laptop stays on meaning I have to turn it off manually (hold the power button). I have tried turning off hybrid shutdown but this hasn't helped. How do I fix this? 10443